tuning machines for my vintage baritone

Wooville

Reaction score
Maysville, Kentucky "on the banks of the Ohio"
I recently picked up a 50's Harmony Baritone and want to replace the friction tuners with the geared upgrade. Is there any certain brand I should look for, and anything I should watch for. I'm not looking for anything as pricy as the stew-macs, but anything else I'm open to. I'm assuming I need to measure the headstock thickness...is there anything else I need to consider.

Thanks,
Wooville

There is nothing lighter in weight and looks closer to a wooden peg than PEGHEDS.
check my website www.pegheds.net ...of course I am considered to be biased, sp please checkout www.ukeeku.com for a review by someone who is not the supplier.
I have them on my Giannini baritone. They are not difficult to install, and it does not take a luthier to do it. It's easy enough I can do it wdt. I grew up listening to wcky- cinncinatti and wwva-wheeling

Which number code?

Yes, please do Pegheads. That's a nice compromise between reinstalling friction tuners and changing the uke to geared. I am certain you'll be pleased with them! Good luck!

Pegheds would be great. Honestly, I wouldn't be concerned about "ruining the value". Harmony baritones are very common, and I think you'd be raising the value by adding workable tuners.

Also, consider Gotoh UPT tuners.

And if your current tuners are in decent shape, I would consider purchasing them. Mine work fine, but the buttons on all four are cracked at the post and I would like to keep a set on hand in case the inevitable happens.

Dan

Top Bottom