Jake Shimabukuro

liquid_wind

Reaction score
What is the body of Jake's uke made out of? I just love the horizontal pattern the colors especially on the sides as well everything about it looks amazing!

What is the body of Jake's uke made out of? I just love the horizontal pattern the colors especially on the sides as well everything about it looks amazing!

Hey his uke is master grade (AAAAA rating) curly koa wood from Hawaii (I think Kamaka get it from the Big Island but I'm sure I'll be corrected if they don't). I love it too, I'm saving up for one of their ukes with similar wood. Drool!

He has the highest grade of koa wood available. 218939879 bucks an ounce lol. his uke also has a nice gloss finish. Either, Rosewood or Ebony Fretboard(inlay abalone shell of his initials: JS). Im not sure what type of neck he has, but im assuming its koa. He also usuallly has a slotted headstock with top quality tuners. He uses D'addario strings that he pretty much invented for the uke. The uke costs about 6,500$ I think.

So I think that covers most of it.

...yes I am obsessed with jakes ukulele. It's just so perfect lol.

Also, if you have more questions, try to use the "search" tab near the top of the webpage, you will usually be able to find anything your looking for, already talked about here on the forums.

Top Bottom