lanikai LM-T solid mahogany tenor $150 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
here's a nice Christmas present for someone[if you hurry]
solid mahog tenor. bought this off the bay and had the crack repaired, the top crack is now stable, and is only noticable if you hold it in a certain direction to the light. it can be felt. otherwise, this is a very nice SOLID mahog tenor. very tastefully done with maple top, bottom. and rosette maple accents. sounds and plays well.lots of bang for the buck.
$150 shipped CONUS, this is stamped as a 2nd bc of the crack. I think they sell for about 250 online. if you are not 100% SATISFIED, MONEY CHEERFULLY REFUNDED minus SHIPPING. I can do a sound sample if requested, it is lightly built and resonant.prefer check, mo, but will do paypal

DSC03700.jpgDSC03701.jpgDSC03703.jpgDSC03705.jpgDSC03706.jpg

Last edited:
I installed a strap button and adjusted the action, the
c string was high at the nut. I'm really surprised how nice it sounds and plays. I was thinking of changing the Aquilas out, but I;m afraid if I do I'll want to keep it, as I'm already bonding with it, and that would make #13, an unlucky number.As I'm playing it I did notice 1 small nick in the back binding. This uke has a satin finish with a very thin top, and has a lot of punchy volume. I'm impressed, I think Lanikai has a winner with these. It is made in Indonesia, not China too, if that matters.

Lm-t sound sample

did a quick sound sample. this is a great playing and looking Solid mahogany uke for $150 shipped. I have been playing it and am amazed at this uke at this price point. it came with a pretty decent set up too, I only needed to lower the C string at the nut. I hope someone buys this soon as I 'm becoming fond of it, and I need another tenor like a hole in the head. It has a nice woody tone, with plenty of volume. I think it would sound even better without the Aquilas, but I'm afraid if I change out the strings I'll want to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom