FS: Collings UT2 Koa Tenor Uke with MiSi pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel1972

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
PLEASE SEE NEW THREAD FOR BETTER PICS AND INCLUDED CASE: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...UT2K-with-MiSi-Pickup-and-Ameritage-Gold-Case

Hi all,

I think I've finally decided to sell my Collings UT2K, serial no 749. Just purchased a baritone and a tenor and need to offset the cost, so I'm going to let this amazing instrument go.

The Collings is in excellent condition, but it has been played (a lot) and does have some strum marks exactly where you'd expect to find them. They are impossible to photograph (at least for me) and even with the naked eye, you need just the right angle to see them, but they are there.

I had Bob Stubblebine, a local luthier in Cambridge install a MiSi Mi-Si Acoustic Trio pickup, who also fashioned a custom saddle to add some compensation for my preferred low G tuning. Bob did a fantastic job (I'm sure other UUers in the area can vouch for him) but if the compensated saddle is not something you want he told me it could be easily reversed. Uke is currently strung with Southcoast linear flat wounds.

It's a fantastic instrument, easy to play, great sound, sustain, just a joy. I don't really have a setup to do a sound sample, but it lives up to the Collings name.

I do not have the original case (I didn't like it and replaced it with a Ameritage case) and this sale will not include a case.

I'm asking $1600, firm, which includes shipping to the CONUS and paypal fees. If you're in the Boston area (I'm in Brookline) and want to pick it up, talk to me and we can work out a discount on that for saving me the cost and trouble of shipping.

Please note that I will not be able to ship until late next week due to the holiday.

Please PM me with any questions. Thanks!

IMG_0735.jpgIMG_0763.jpgIMG_0734.jpgIMG_0766.jpgIMG_0737.jpg

Last edited:

Holy Smokes when I first saw this thread I was thinking another Collings, but when I opened the pictures and saw the nice koa wood and binding...I said WOW holy moly
I wish I had the money...it is amazing beautiful...I would not buy any other collings, but this one really caught my eye....good luck on the sale....sorry this has to go...this is
the nicest Collings I ever seen...even the style 3's ... whew

Wow, that was fast - you purchased the tenor and the baritone already? What did you end up getting?

What can I say, I'm compulsive!

Waiting on the arrival of a William King tenor I bought on FMM, and a Pono MB arrived yesterday. Going to restring the Pono with some southcoast non-wound and crank it up this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom