Christmas Time Is Here (Peanuts/Vince Guaraldi)

uke4ia

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score

I did a previous version of this song that I posted here last year. I wanted to try it again now that I have a camera with a better microphone. This is an arrangement I worked out a few years ago from a book of Peanuts piano sheet music. There is a tab of the arrangement (minus some of the arpeggios I threw in as fills) on the Tabs board at:

Christmas Time Is Here tab

Very nicely done. Vince Guaraldi was amazing. I recorded some of his tunes a while back. Here is a link:

http://www.ukeland.com/users/jon/files/guaraldi/Guaraldi%20Medley.mp3.

This is what I wrote as a description:

This medley pays tribute to the late Vince Guaraldi, a west coast jazz pianist of the 1950s to 1970s who came to fame for writing the music to the Charlie Brown specials. Guaraldi was a journeyman jazz player who after many years of relative anonymity won a Gold Record and Grammy for Best Jazz Composition in 1963 for a B-side tune called Cast Your Fate To The Wind. Several years later the increasingly well-known pianist was hired by Lee Mendelson, co-creator and producer of the first Charlie Brown specials, to compose the theme music. Linus and Lucy was one of his most famous works from these movies as well Christmastime Is Here. On this uke tribute, these three famous tunes are joined together.

Last edited:
Thanks, Bill. That's nice stuff, Ukejon.

I may take a stab at Skating over the next couple of weeks. I was discussing that in a thread recently with Pootsie and Lalou. I also wouldn't mind learning the Great Pumpkin Waltz.

Great job on that. Always loved that tune. Do you have the tabs for it or did you figure it out on your own? I would love to learn to play it.

Do you have the tabs for it or did you figure it out on your own? I would love to learn to play it.

Both. This is an arrangement I worked out from piano sheet music, and wrote out the basic tab a year ago when someone asked (leaving out some of the ornamentation). The link to the tab is in the original post.

Thank you for that. I must give it a try.
Both. This is an arrangement I worked out from piano sheet music, and wrote out the basic tab a year ago when someone asked (leaving out some of the ornamentation). The link to the tab is in the original post.

Top Bottom