Sharing the love....

salukulady

Reaction score
I find myself sharing my love of the uke more and more lately. These include involvement in three different uke jam groups, people approaching me regarding my band, (and are surprised when I tell them I play uke in a tropical rock band) or strangers just seeing me with my uke. But lately I have had several strangers ask me prompted by my UU t-shirt or hoodie. They say, "ukulele underground,.....that's funny" thinking the shirt is a joke. Then I explain and I think they understand, (or maybe they're still laughing at me.)
Last week a woman in the grocery store got all excited when she saw my shirt. She had just bought a uke and didn't know a thing. We exchanged numbers and I'm sure I'll be seeing her at Island Bazaar.
Tonight, I was purchasing a bottle of rum with my hoodie on, and the guy behind the register said,"Do you REALLY play the ukulele?" Like it was some foreign exotic entity only persons from another planet had heard of. His reaction amused me so much I proceeded to share more about the ukulele than I'm sure he ever wanted to know. He acted really interested and seemed thrilled to be enlightened. I left him with my bands business card and Jakes name to look up on youtube.
I have decided to start a church called the "Unorthodox Church of the Uke".
Those of you that want to join me are welcome. We have no rules, no contracts, no sign in sheets and no dues, just share the love and be generous with teaching and sharing the music. We have no regular meeting place, except your favorite beach, mountain top or front porch, wherever you find peace while strumming along. Gather amongst like minded people and witness to those who are willing to be enlightened. Be gentle and patient, don't force the issue, the flock will grow with love and understanding. Won't you all join me........

I love that. great attitude. i also find myself sharing the love of uke with people who ask or just liek to sit next to me on the beach and hear me play.

as for the Unorthadox Church of Uke.. LOVE IT!!!!

i'm an ordained minister (I LOVE GOOGLE) and it says i can start a Church or organization separate form the major ones as long as it doesnt oppress or segregate anyone. i think this is the perfect thing.. so if youre looking for a Minister of the Uke. i would be honored

Long live the UCU Spread the love
:music:

I love it! We now have an actual ordained minister for the UCU. YEA!

My children... as the minister.. i Reverend Spuash will for SUREEEEEE bring some rum :D

Reverend Spuash, Could you please bless the new coming year in honor of the uke?

As Reverend of UCU,

this blessing will put forth good vibes, great tunes, good people, and sharing the love of music....

i bless this upcomming year in the name of the all powerful Tree. the different types of trees making our Ukes sing with all the sounds of the world. the trees who have sacrificed themselves in order for us to revive them. this is the year of the TREE!!!

*Blessed*

Whooo-Hooo! Here's to 2009, the year of the tree!

Top Bottom