Something you don't see everyday...

pdxuke

Reaction score
I wonder if she practices softly or is there an intensity involved that requires volume.

Certainly something different. Couldn't take more than the one song, but that one is really something. Thanks.

I like the singing.
I like the playing.
...The two together, not so much.
Funny how the guy behind her is trying to snap & clap along :D

I like the singing.
I like the playing.
...The two together, not so much.
Funny how the guy behind her is trying to snap & clap along :D

+1...don' like it at all even though her voice is amazing...I would love here to sing Vissi d'arte w/ an orchestra

This is making me laugh... she's actually really talented, those squeaky high notes are spot on

Last edited:
This is making me laugh... she's actually really talented, those squeaky high notes are spot on

Yeah this was amazeballs, but her voice wasn't squeaky in the least tiny bit. Otherwise, agree. For the haters, how the hell else do you sing it?

She's not bad, for an Opera singer.

And I say that because Operatic Tenor and Soprano are almost my least favorite forms of music. Almost, because the only thing I detest more is Led Zeppelin/Robert Plant's voice. (Plant in any genre - I couldn't listen to the duets with Alison Kraus, even before I discovered it was Plant, because it sounded like nails on a blackboard to me.)

I can recognize talent, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

-Kurt​

I dare anyone here to try it. For the men without head-voices, that doesn't mean falsetto, I mean within your own range. Give it a try while playing, record yourself, and see how well you do. Gotta defend my soprano sister here.

As for practicing quietly, the short answer is yes that's possible. (For me sadly, right now with no chops to speak of, the answer is no. I've done it plenty, but not right now. And yes that's wrong and bad but I never said I was good - just that I tried. :D )

Like it or not, this woman has the chops. I rarely roll out my degree in vocal music, but this is arguably the most difficult coloratura aria around. Brava.

I just think the juxtaposition of Mozart and Uke is fun, too. :)

Last edited:
Like it or not, this woman has the chops. I rarely roll out my degree in vocal music, but this is arguably the most difficult coloratura aria around. Brava.

I just think the juxtaposition of Mozart and Uke is fun, too. :)

Not a coloratura myself, but it doesn't look like music degrees are thought much of in this thread. And we wonder why uke players aren't taken seriously. At least the girl in tht vid was furthering the cause. What does she get from fellow uke players? Trolling. I am dissapoint.

Not a coloratura myself, but it doesn't look like music degrees are thought much of in this thread. And we wonder why uke players aren't taken seriously. At least the girl in tht vid was furthering the cause. What does she get from fellow uke players? Trolling. I am dissapoint.

Possibly you are stating things too strongly...
... some like it (like me), some don't.
De gustibus non est disputandum.

Fun! It must be hard to find a portable and accessible way to self-accompany when you have a voice like that. Of course, she'd sound better with full orchestra backing - who wouldn't, in order to balance the intensity of that piece?

Top Bottom