New Parokya ni Edgar translated song

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
Song called "Gitara" by Parokya ni Edgar

I translated this one today and did a video to kind of test drive the song. I've been meaning to translate this one for some time now but just couldnt find the time. But now it's done. It's not the final product yet but it's gettin there. Let me know what you guys think so far!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n18rShMDVDw

Also, I added the chords and lyrics on the description. Just thought I'd make it easier for folks who wanna play the songs on my channel. Imma try and do that for all the videos from this point on.

Happy Holidays UU peeps :D

I have a feeling this will be thext big one. This "first draft" is better than most of the songs I know

Aldrine, I really like the melody and the tempo of the song. Nice . . . tutorial in the making?

oooh! can we spread the rumor around youtube that the song is called "ukulele" by NukeDOC?

im sure danyo wouldnt mind! hahaha.

man i know it sounds awesome. i just cant listen to it because this comp i use at work wont allow flash to be downloaded. ill check it out soon as i get home!

"Let me know what you think?"
Aldrine, please do a tutorial....by the end of the holidays over Christmas New Year, this will be my project and my husband and neighbours will be so sick of the ukulele by the end of it all.
Yes this is great and take good care of the chickens and rooster coz your videos would really lose something without the sound effects.:):):)
10 / 10!!

Haha, I guess a lesson for this song is coming soon eh?

But if you want to figure the song out, the secret is just that you need to tune your uke half a step down. I was pretty sure it was a different tuning, but I tried it today, and indeed, its half a step down. Then you can watch what he does in the video (over and over and over again), and follow along with the chords play most of the basic melodies, but there are still some parts that I'm having a hard time figuring out. I wish the video showed his right hand so I could see what he is doing on some of the chords.

Go go lesson santa!

Haha, I guess a lesson for this song is coming soon eh?

But if you want to figure the song out, the secret is just that you need to tune your uke half a step down. I was pretty sure it was a different tuning, but I tried it today, and indeed, its half a step down. Then you can watch what he does in the video (over and over and over again), and follow along with the chords play most of the basic melodies, but there are still some parts that I'm having a hard time figuring out. I wish the video showed his right hand so I could see what he is doing on some of the chords.

Go go lesson santa!

Lesson santa hahaha.

I've been playing with a half-step lowered ukulele a lot lately. I like it a lot. I think imma use the half-step tuning from now on. But for UU convenience, when I do tutorials and minutes and such; I'll still do them in regular tuning. :D

Hmm I'm looking at a February (maybe) lesson for this. Perfect time for Valentines wouldn't you think? ;)

Top Bottom