FS 2012 Pu’uwai/ Woodley White Tenor Ukulele

pakhan

Reaction score
Woodley White's position as President of the Big Island Ukulele Guild speaks for itself. The construction is flawless. The Amboyna Burl is a wonderful accent to the entire instrument. This hard, dark figured Koa is just tonally fabulous and worth the upgrade.

It has volume to spare and rates highly for us with rich and complex tones, paired with sustain, clarity, and projection. It's loud but loud and sophisticated like a concert Classical guitar. If you find traditional ukes a little bright, this is worth considering.

Here's the low down on this uke, it's brand New out of Woodley's shop but has a little wear, particularly on the Peghead and neck. Nothing structural, just a few nicks and dings. Somehow a little bit of buffing compound residue was left on the heel too. So nothing structural, nothing that is going to affect the tone, and it still comes with Woodley's standard warranty. But because it has this wear (see photos please), we're offering it up at a deep discount. Usually these ukes are in the stores at $2.300-2.600, even without the higher grade Koa upgrade and Amboyna Burl options.....reduced to $1,800.

Specs: New, with warranty from maker 5A Dark, hard Figured Koa top, back and sides Ebony Wood binding with burgundy purfling on top Lightweight Open Gunmetal finish Grover tuners Spanish Cedar neck with carbon fiber truss rod Soundport Amboyna Burl headstock veneer and rosette Hardshell case.

IMG_7572.jpgIMG_7574.jpgIMG_7578.jpgIMG_7580.jpgIMG_7598.jpg

Wow!! That's a beauty!! Love the inlay around the soundhole. Good luck with your sell.

Thanks Mark,

That Amboyna Burl is spectacular and I think it beats abalone any day of the year!

TErence

That Koa is amazing too. I need to get off this thread before I hit the buy it now button..lol.
Thanks Mark,

That Amboyna Burl is spectacular and I think it beats abalone any day of the year!

TErence

Lol, come on you know it's a great deal.... I have to say this uke sounds very good indeed...

Regardless, have a Merry Christmas!

Top Bottom