PDA

View Full Version : TECUMSEH VALLEY - Baritone Cover

Ken Middleton
12-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Here's a wonderful song written by Townes Van Zandt. I'm afraid my version was quickly thrown together and is nothing like his original.

I'm using the old Harmony baritone a friend gave me. It has a lovely sweet tone and I think sounds pretty good, particularly with re-entrant strings fitted.

http://youtu.be/aAq-FIbd9jw

lozarkman
12-23-2012, 07:35 AM
yes, your voice fits this song nicely. well done! I really like the full sound of the reentrant harmony baritone. Of course I'm a devoted baritone fan, and have only one tenor, but that most certainly is a personal thing and and has opened many a thread on the subject. I do like your personal strings, they have a nice sound. I may have to break down and contribute to UK's economy and your pocketbook and purchase a couple sets of the reentrants :) thanks Ken! Lozark

Ken Middleton
12-23-2012, 07:43 AM
I may have to break down and contribute to UK's economy and your pocketbook and purchase a couple sets of the reentrants :) thanks Ken! Lozark

Thanks Lozark. You won't be alone. I sell more strings to the US than all the other countries put together (including the UK).

AKuker
12-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks Ken. That was nice. The baritone sounds great.

Ken Middleton
12-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks Ken. That was nice. The baritone sounds great.

These old baritones often have a lovely sweet sound.