Chuck Moore Interview...

pakhan

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

We have recently interviewed Chuck Moore indepth for a guitar magazine and thought we'd share the results with you!

the article is available to view here.

Warmest regards,
Terence

Just a great article . . . Mahalos for sharing this with the community.

Interesting article. Thanks to both you, Terrence and Chuck for sharing.

Thanks Terrence and Chuck for an insightful and entertaining article.

That article is fabulous. There is a reason I have a Moore Bettah -- I believe he is the best. The article just reinforces that I made the right decision.

Excellent article!

Last edited:
That article is fabulous. There is a reason I have a Moore Bettah -- I believe he is the best. The article just reinforces that I made the right decision.

It was a fantastic article. Wonder who has that nice flamingo one.:D
The tsunami one called me. I used to dream about tsunamis as a kid, and have seen some of the previous damage from them traveling to Hawaii when I was younger.

Merry Christmas everyone!
and thank you for the kind words!

I'll be sure to share any uke content we might have in the future too.

Incidentally, Chuck commented on a Facebook post with the Tsunami inlay.. I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him here: " That uke went to Japan. The amazing thing is I was inlaying that headstock when the Japanese tsunami of March 2011 hit. Talk about the power of the ukulele!"

Terence

I love the part where Chuck says he has to be true to himself and make an instrument he would want, though he still keeps the customer in mind while he builds it. I think if you're going to order from an established Master Luthier like Chuck, or Rick Turner it's best to tell them about yourself and then just let them build what they want for you. Some of us (I mean me) don't even know what questions to ask when we're ordering these high-end instruments. This article helped put in perspective all the experience that goes into building these wonderful ukuleles.

Merry Christmas everyone!
and thank you for the kind words!

I'll be sure to share any uke content we might have in the future too.

Incidentally, Chuck commented on a Facebook post with the Tsunami inlay.. I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him here: " That uke went to Japan. The amazing thing is I was inlaying that headstock when the Japanese tsunami of March 2011 hit. Talk about the power of the ukulele!"

Terence

It is fitting that the ukulele went to Japan.
Here is a good video about it Arigato 3/11.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS-sWdAQsYg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That along with the fact that a pic of your uke made the article. Congrats Sukie.

Not only Chuckie is an awesome builder, but a very awesome guy.... I think his personality is just as good as his building skills if not better....Glad to have him as a friend....
Gee I missed this thread...:eek:

Top Bottom