Progressions?

Energist

Reaction score
There's a song I'm trying to play (Long Red Hair by Vermillion Lies, for anyone intrested) and it mentions progressions, it specifically says:

"The verse Progression is Bm to F#. 4 on each. The chorus is Dm to A. 2 on each.
there is also 4 on Bm between every verse chorus switch. Hopefully that makes sense."

And to be totally honest.... I don't understand that at all... Anyone able to help?

Oh, and heres the chords/first verse if that'll help any:

"-Verse-
Bm
Born on a bitter winter night
F#
Their mother screamed at the sight
Bm
The doctor yelled, “It isn’t right!”
F# Bm
He left them alone in fright for hours"

There's a song I'm trying to play (Long Red Hair by Vermillion Lies, for anyone intrested) and it mentions progressions, it specifically says:

"The verse Progression is Bm to F#. 4 on each. The chorus is Dm to A. 2 on each.
there is also 4 on Bm between every verse chorus switch. Hopefully that makes sense."

And to be totally honest.... I don't understand that at all... Anyone able to help?

I think by the term "progression" they mean "chord pattern."

So on the verses you just play Bm for four beats, then F# for four beats. Repeat until the end of the verse. During the chorus, you play Dm for two beats, then A for two beats. Repeat this pattern until the end of the chorus. And between the verse and chorus you play Bm for four beats.

That's all. Nothing to fancy, eh? just a new term. Hopfully that makes sense.

Try playing with the vid, the chords (from UG? right) sound right.

Top Bottom