RocketUkulele.com is it a scam ?

dizaster

Reaction score
Hi , I have been messing around with a cheap uke for the past 6 months, not doing badly.
So the wife has bought me a new/better uke for christmas as well as access to one of those learn online courses.

rocketukulele.com

Having just visited it , I find a lot of the promised content isnt visable/available.

So Im wondering if its a scam ???

has anyone else used/heard of this site. ??

and finally can anyone reccomend a legit site to learn with ??

Many Thanks

Diszaster

Never heard of it. Get UU lessons!

Edited to add:

Okay, I took a look at it. I am skeptical that they are entirely kosher. They're offering package tutorials on current songs - meaning songs that are under copyright. That means they should be paying royalties on those songs if they are on the up and up. I'd ask about that.

Last edited:
Ditto..check out the resources that are available here, tons of stuff...and welcome to the UU!

If its too good to be true, it is. the girls seems a little to unprofessional to be legit.
UU lessons are going to actually make you a good player.

It reeks of a scam to me. But then, if you practice for an hour a day at least five days a week as they recommend, you should be well on your way to being a half decent player in a month, with or without their program.

There are many other alternatives out there. UU lessons, Uncle Rod's Boot Camp, and tons of free tutorials and videos and tabs on the web.

3 Day Sale! Promo ends on December 25, 2012
Normally $79.97 Special offer of ONLY $27!
ONE TIME FEE – LIFETIME ACCESS
I looked at the source code and they're running a script to make the "special promo" date end the day after you're viewing the ad. :rolleyes:

Dude... total scam. This website is absolutely hillarious. Just looking at the homepage of the site, it becomes quite obvious. The testimonials are priceless...
Here's a quote from a very young girl:
"This instrument is the sexiest instrument on the planet".

Another from a man in Virginia:
"I gave my long time girlfriend with the most romantic marriage proposal that made her burst in to tears! I went down on my knees, start playing my ukulele while singing my love to her in front of her officemates. I was that confident after less than 30 days of lessons from you. Thank you guys! Learning this amazing instrument made possible. And it was so fun!"
The broken English with words/phrasing that Americans don't use give this one away.

Rocketukulele.com has saved my marriage. My wife and I are finally reintimate with reentrant reexcitement.

Thank you Rocketukulele.com!!!

i did the UU course it helped alot so i would say just go with UU+

Hi , I have been messing around with a cheap uke for the past 6 months, not doing badly.
So the wife has bought me a new/better uke for christmas as well as access to one of those learn online courses.

rocketukulele.com

Having just visited it , I find a lot of the promised content isnt visable/available.

So Im wondering if its a scam ???

has anyone else used/heard of this site. ??

and finally can anyone reccomend a legit site to learn with ??

Many Thanks

Diszaster
ummmm...www.ukuleleunderground.com

Best post of the day -- well done! :rofl:

I haven't gotten reentrant with my husband in a while. Thanks Rocketukulele! I'm sure we could all stand to get a little bit more reentrant with our spouses.

Seems like a way to part you from your money...there's plenty of stuff here and elsewhere on the internet to help you get started, that costs either nothing, or very little, without nickel and dime-ing you.

Robert Prusienski, Erick Philipps and Christine Palmares appear to be shape-shifters, because they are on both rocketukulele.com and learnguitarin30days.com - but THEY LOOK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!! OMG!
rocketuke.jpgguitar30.jpg

Personally I think it looks suspicious.

2 mins with Google shows that it relies heavily on affiliate traffic from bogus review sites and blogs. The same tactics used by many poor quality guitar courses and scam sites. That said, some legitimate sites also use this kind of indiscriminate, unvetted affiliate marketing, but it only ever gives a shady impression.

I have no empirical experience of the product, so can only offer general observations and impressions. I cannot say whether it is legitimate or bogus.

Personally, I wouldn't go there if I were shopping for uke lessons. YMMV.

Personally I think it looks suspicious.

2 mins with Google shows that it relies heavily on affiliate traffic

Like this link under Affiliates http://rocketukulele.com/index.php?page=Affiliates
When I saw this I decided not to give them any money.

And why? There's so much stuff for free on Youtube. I've been going through Lil Rev's stuff, he's a really great teacher. And of course the lessons that are available here, you can't go wrong with them.

If I understood your initial post, it sounds like you've already had purchased for you access to the course. If that's the case, try it out and report back! (and make sure there's no 'auto-pay' angle at play).

Thoughtful wife, by the way.

And it is amazing in the second picture, Mr. Erick Phillips seems to be holding one big arsed uke!

ClickBank is the retailer of this product. CLICKBANK® is a registered trademark of Click Sales, Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 917 S. Lusk Street, Suite 200, Boise Idaho, 83706, USA and used by permission. ClickBank's role as retailer does not constitute an endorsement, approval or review of this product or any claim, statement or opinion used in promotion of this product

Oh NO - Not Idaho :) - Learn to make mayonnaise sandwiches in our special trailer park cuisine bonus lessons and amaze your cousins in a different way !

Top Bottom