Happy Holidays

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
Being an expat Canuck in the land down under, this time of year is a bit odd for me and my beautiful wife. Just can't wrap our heads around Christmas and it being in the high 30's C.

But nonetheless, the locals have come to celebrate this time of year with gusto. Cold lunch and several cold beers are the order of the day instead of the hot roast turkey. A dip in the pool after lunch and a couple more coldies and every one is pretty content. That pretty much sums up our Christmas day in Cairns with some friends.

So heres wishing a very happy holiday season to everyone else. Hope that you get to spend it with people that you cherish. They are the ones that make the rest of it all worth while.

I'm on my way to the cottage in the archipelago to celebrate the new year. We have three feet of snow so far and it's snowing heavily still. So we left the car and go by bus instead. It'll take us to within a couple of miles, and we'll ski the rest of the way with backpacks on. (I strapped my Pax rip saw on the backpack, if I get bored.) Not bad for a seven- and a ten-year old.

I wish you all the very best, and like Pete I want to say thanks for all the help, wood and inspiration.

Sven

We share Christmas every year with our neighbors next door who do the whole imu thing; pig in the ground along with turkeys and breadfruit. Up at 4:00 am this morning to start the fire. And like Allen mentioned, it never really feels like Christmas here. Todays high should be somewhere in the low 80s. I'm not complaining by any means though.
Mele Kalikimaka to all my UU braddahs and titas.

it never really feels like Christmas here.

I am in Florida today so I am missing the Milwaukee cold and snow for Christmas this year... No, wait, I am NOT missing the cold and snow :) Christmas is a state of mind. Imu pig seems like the right thing for a Christmas state of mind! Mele Kalikimaka!

Lightly snowing in central Washington state this morning and 32 degrees. Will be laid back day, reading, naps and maybe a movie later. Tomorrow back to work! Happy Holidays and a fruitful new year to all luthiers.

There is "no snow" this Xmas in the UK ..A lot of rain and flooding in lot's of areas :(... but not! where I live...Today went well I received a load of questional presents:confused: from my family...and I spent more cash on them than I can afford:mad:...But "what the heck" this is what Xmas is all about "ain't it ??"...I hope all you guy's are having a good time also (whatever your religion is)...A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU :D

There is "no snow" this Xmas in the UK ..A lot of rain and flooding in lot's of areas :(... but not! where I live...Today went well I received a load of questional presents:confused: from my family...and I spent more cash on them than I can afford:mad:...But "what the heck" this is what Xmas is all about "ain't it ??"...I hope all you guy's are having a good time also (whatever your religion is)...A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU :D

Happy holidays to you all.

Top Bottom