What music toys did you get for Christmas?

Garydavkra

Reaction score
I got a new microphone and stand. I'm sure some of you received new ukuleles as well as other music related items. Tell us what you got!

Got a melodica, rhythm ring and the uke amp, DI box and pickups I bought for myself earlier in December counted as early Xmas presents.

Well since no one noticed my Xmas megwthread in general discussion...

Got an Apogee Mic and Sennheiser Momentum headphones. The much-needed accessory kit to connect the mic to a stand is still on its way, but the mic itself is great. I've been burned by Blue in the past, and I'm not regretting skipping the Spark Digital in favor of the Apogee Mic. The Apogee has a 24bit dac in it anyway, while the Blue only has a 16bit. Fail on Blue's part.

Quick test of the mic and it's pretty great. :)

I got money to go for a new uke. :) And some CDs.

A sunburst Fender Strat. I am in heaven---but I still love my ukes.

Last edited:
A bowed psaltery. The cat headed for the garage! Maybe I should try tuning it first?

Merry Christmas Greetings Gary and the UU forums gang,

Got me a new uke a week ago....woo hoo I'm in heaven too...did I say I got me a secret gift too...ha ha a mini martin spruce top................................
Guitar...lah

I got a new ukulele, in my picture. Big island traditional concert in solid koa. :D

Merry Christmas everyone! I got a Tom Tom from my eldest daughter last night. My youngest daughter is coming by this afternoon and I think I'm getting the latest George Harrison DVD from her. It's not here yet but I bought myself a Koaloha D-V1 and I bought myself a Gibson Les Paul Jr tube amp a couple of weeks ago. I consider it a nice Christmas.

Band in a box

My wife bought us a box full of cheap little instruments call Band in a box, that all work pretty well actually. It has a tambourine, a recorder, a wooden clacker, bells , a harmonica and maracas . Then when Poppa ( me ) is playing the piano or the ukulele all my grandchildren ( 2 girls / 2 boys all under 3 ) can have something to play and join in. Whisky the Wonder Dog sits in the window and howls away, it's a riot !

I got coal.

No musical presents at all, just a crummy ole iPhone 5. I'm not really joking. Had my sights and my heart set on a banjolele. :)

Last edited:
New old stock, 2005 KoAloha soprano with solid 1 piece front and back. (No bookmatching) Ebony bridge (looks fragile!) and saddle. Just breaking in the strings today...

I saw this on ebay a while back, and my wife got it for me for xmas. I can't believe I'm playing a new KoAloha made in 2005.
Sweet!

2005_koaloha.jpg

Top Bottom