Check out this Uke, i need help making a UAS choice

Spuash

Reaction score
Ok so i as looking around on ebay and i found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Solid-Wood-Teno...ryZ16224QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

how im woried abotu how it will sound and plus its got tension tuners and i would prefer geared (but that can be changed easily. i would also put new strings on it.

but my question is loking at the types of wood materials, does any1 know if this would sound good, or is it more for looks? i know its cheap but it just looks soo cool.

it would setle my UAS for a little bit

so any feedback on this instrument would be awesome

Ok so i as looking around on ebay and i found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Solid-Wood-Teno...ryZ16224QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

how im woried abotu how it will sound and plus its got tension tuners and i would prefer geared (but that can be changed easily. i would also put new strings on it.

but my question is loking at the types of wood materials, does any1 know if this would sound good, or is it more for looks? i know its cheap but it just looks soo cool.

it would setle my UAS for a little bit

so any feedback on this instrument would be awesome

I have heard VERY bad things about these ukes. The don't play well at all and begin to crack quickly. There is a thread about these lurking somewhere.

Looks ace to me. It'll probably go up in price a whole lot, but if you have the funds I'd definitely go with it. Looks aren't everything, but that looks gorgeous. I had to delay writing this post as I had a hard time closing my mouth after seeing how amazing it looked.

The wood looks good, all solid and I think a lot of work has gone into it. I've played a spruce top guitar but not a spruce top ukulele, and I liked the guitar a lot. I've been told that spruce gets better with age, so if you play it a lot it'll mature well and the sound will get even better.

But for sure, if I could buy that I would without any hesitation. Allow me to look at those inlays some more...

listen to thejumpingflea: stay away from that one!

Someone purchased one (forgot who) and it's now a permanent wall ornament.

I looked into getting one of those one time and after searching for reviews I came across a few and some had pictures. One person stated that he or she had just strummed a chord and the bridge became unattatched. THe price is cheap and there is a reason. Also shipping was crazy absurd high. Your making the smart choice by staying away from it.

yeah I had looked at these ukes a while back, and they were dodgey lookin then. with that shipping price up so high, you should atomatically know that they are just trying to scam you. To be honest, with that much inlay, could a uke even sound good?? Because the wood needs a little room to resonate lol. I would stay away from it. Or if you really want a nice wall hanger, go with it, but thats only if you have about what 200 bucks to spend on a decorated piece of wood that you probubly shouldnt play. lol

Top Bottom