Yeti blue mic on ipad

nancyg

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everybody. I got the Yeti blue usb microphone for Christmas. My iPad4 has the new type connector. The mic has a mini USB /usb cable. Anybody know what adapter I need?
Thanks, Nancy g

Well you need the USB camera connection kit, and I don't know if that needs the lightening adapter... Though the Apple store specs will say. So that's one, maybe 2 adapters...

But that isn't all. You need a USB hub with extra power. The Yeti needs more power than the ipad can give it. If you can return it, you might want to get the Blue Spark Digital or Apogee Mic instead. Those are both actually intended for the ipad.

Been going batty trying to find a powered USB hub for the iPad 4. Does anyone know one that is iPad compatible? Tanks for any help.

Yeah people have had luck supposedly with certain Belkin ones. But not all hubs will work and it's a crap shoot. I prefer Apogee to Blue, but like Ukeeku said, the Spark Digital would be at least as good, maybe better, and powered by the ipad.

I think I may have got it! It worked once, not the second time, and then worked the third. I will post the specifics when I am sure it works. The mic was a gift, and I didn't want to return it if I didn't have to.

Top Bottom