Introducing the Fiddilele (Violin/Ukulele bowed instrument)

Cool! I wonder how many ukers will wonder if it can be tuned gCEA.

Why not? You have done a few the other way with a violin body and a ukulele neck. It was time to make the other monster.

Looks great Alan. But you need some rosin on that bow to get it to sound better ;)

I see no reason why it shouldn't sound sweet in the arms of a fiddler with a decent bow. Next a Baritone Cello? :)

Thanks. The big problem with the instrument is that the body is too wide at the bowing area - I can barely bow the 1st and 4th strings. I can only do it with the end of the bow.

Right now, it's tuned gCEA.

Try bowing where the body meets the neck. It is not the "sweet" spot, but more practical than attempting the sweet spot given the width of the body.

Try bowing where the body meets the neck. It is not the "sweet" spot, but more practical than attempting the sweet spot given the width of the body.

Done that. When pressed down, the first string is very close to the neck and I hit the 2nd string by accident. Must practice more...

As I violinist, I would have to say that is one unique instrument. I would love to get my hands on it and attempt to play it :)

When I bow, it's somewhere between the bridge and the fingerboard.

Top Bottom