you tube upload

wallyboy

Reaction score
just for fun, i am putting my first vid on you tube, it was only a couple of minutes of peggy sue [not to be taken serious LOL] it says there is eighty minutes before upload is this normal,
thanks

If you're using some really High Definition, it might. A four-minute video usually takes 45 minutes or more for me, and I never use the highest definition level that my camera is capable of. I set the output from my movie software at 1280 x 720 pixels. If I set the output at 1920 x 1080, that would be more than twice as many pixels and I'd expect it to take more than twice as long. My camera's capable of recording video at 4000 x 3000 -- if I put the camera output directly into YouTube, that would be an awful lot of pixels and would take a long, long time to upload.

If you're using some really High Definition, it might. A four-minute video usually takes 45 minutes or more for me, and I never use the highest definition level that my camera is capable of. I set the output from my movie software at 1280 x 720 pixels. If I set the output at 1920 x 1080, that would be more than twice as many pixels and I'd expect it to take more than twice as long. My camera's capable of recording video at 4000 x 3000 -- if I put the camera output directly into YouTube, that would be an awful lot of pixels and would take a long, long time to upload.

thanks uke, that makes sense i'll look in settings before i do the next one
atb wallyboy

Top Bottom