New Uke Day - Christmas Day

Karasu

Acute UAS Patient
UU VIP
Reaction score
A while before Christmas, I had a talk with Andrew at HMS. We went over the pros and cons of various Ukes, as I was interested in purchasing a second, higher end Uke. Don't get me wrong...I've owned my Kala KA-TEM for a couple of months, and I've loved every minute of playing it. I bought it from HMS as well, and they've been fantastic. UAS, however, is a stern mistress, and I have been FIRMLY bitten by the Uke bug. I love playing this wonderful instrument. So, there I was, discussing my next Uke with Andrew. His recommendation, which I agreed to wholeheartedly, was to go with the following:

http://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-atc-pro-classic-acacia-tenor-w-cedar-top.html

I added the Pono Passive Pickup and upgraded the humidifier. An Oahu hard case was included. Several days ago, a box from HMS arrived, which I dutifully ignored until Christmas Day. When I opened it.......

Pono2.jpg

Pono3.jpg

Front-of-Pono.jpg

This is what I beheld.

The instrument is incredible. The sound is amazing. It's SOOOO easy to play. I had it strung with D'addario J71 strings (High-G), and it's just wonderful. I had no idea what a Uke could be.....

Anyway, here's the proof. I have pictures. It happened!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Beautiful! Strumming a new uke, what a feeling...

Sure looks nice! Enjoy.

Congrats on the Pono! They are great players. The cedar top must sound amazing.

Top Bottom