Latest Griffin ukuleles being built

Patrick Madsen

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm sure you realize by now how much I'm enamored with Griffin ukuleles. They just get better and better.

Recently, I brought down my vintage Martin baritone to jam with Brian and to take a look at some of his recent builds and the three tenors he was in the process of building. Of course, I couldn't resist and bought one of his wonderful Pinecone concert ukes.

Anyway, I went on his site tonight and marvelled at his latest three tenors in process. He has taken the profile of his necks to a new level by making them slimmer more Martin like. For those of you who have played a vintage Martin you know what I mean. I feel these will even surpass the Martin feel because of the beautiful radius he's doing to the fretboard and the action will be low and fast. The curvature at the heel looks like a graceful swan and will accomadate those of us who like to play high up on the neck.

If you want to see what a luthier thinking process is when building or take a look at some wonderful, affordable instruments, here's the address:http://www.griffinukuleles.com/1/post/2012/12/patrick-i-promised-you-some-pictures.html?

Go thru the blog and I trust you'll see why I have such respect for the man and his love of making an instrument that will be played and treasured 100 years from now.

I feel so blessed everytime I play mine. They are that good.

Last edited:
Ooh, she's pretty! I love a thin neck, too.

Top Bottom