In Praise of Mim

pdxuke

Reaction score
In this holiday season of good fellowship, I want to take a moment to praise Mim.

I have never purchased a uke from her, because when I last purchased brands Mim carries, Mim was just opening shop.

Before Christmas, I decided to buy another Ohana to give to a relative over Christmas, and needed it before the holiday. I ordered on ebay and did not notice that she had closed up shop and was away with her family until after the holiday. When I asked to cancel the order, Mim was gracious and understanding.

This was my error. I was careless in my ordering. Yet Mim was understanding and a class act.

The test of a dealer is when there is a problem. Mim passes the test with flying colors for me. I felt I needed to acknowledge what a class act she is, even with a distracted customer like me.

When the time comes, she has my business.

cannot fault Mim, she is the real deal, great service, great set up, fantastic delivery times even to the UK, and a really lovely lady as well

I praise Mim. I've bought 2 ukes from her in the past and my daughter has bought 1 from her and they all came setup perfectly so she is 3 for 3 with my family. Also great correspondence to questions. She comes highly recommended from me and my daughter.

Can't bloody stand her.

Seriously. She's all nice and sweet and, like, my best friend and stuff.

(And she is an AMAZING dealer. The vast majority of my ukuleles are from her, simply because of her setups, her customer service... and because I'm lucky enough to be a sponsored artist! *lol*)

She is a remarkable person.

Just can't bloody stand the woman.

Good post, Tom. I've had one transaction with Mim and my uke was damaged during shipping, which was no fault on Mim's end. She didn't blink an eye and made sure I was completely happy with my purchase and she covered all costs involved in the process.

Mim is the sunrise over the bay, the bees knees and the cat's meow and the tiger's roar and the elephant's trumpet and the uke world's glory. :)

I have to agree! I called her last week about a ukulele she was selling on eBay, and after some specific requests, she actually recommended another seller who might better meet my needs. Such a lovely woman and such fun talking with her, too!

I concur! I have a second hand Eleuke from her, a first hand 8 strng from her, and tried and returned a resonator. Plus, she hosts a mean contest! I. Love. Mim!

Mim is the best! I bought a Kelii Super Soprano from her a few months ago and it is my current favorite go to uke. Had a couple great conversations with her and she played the heck out of that little Kelli over the phone for me...thats what made me buy it!

Top Bottom