New to Uke and Loving It :D

zh3nghaoxiang

Reaction score
Hey all!
I just got my ukulele a few days ago (yay for Christmas! :D). I'm glad I found this site, so I figured I'd join in on the forum.

I have no experience with an ukulele (or a guitar for that matter) but I am already pianist, so hopefully the finger work will come a little easier for me. I have plenty of friends at college who play the guitar and I always wanted to learn something like it, making all the more amazing that I got my hands on an ukulele. :D

Anyways, a hello from NorCal (or SoCal depending on the time of the year due to school...)!

Welcome to UU and congrats on the new Uke. Glad you joined us.

With your piano music background you'll be strummin with your friends in no time. Start with the key of C. Also, check out the free instructional vids on the main UU website. Lots of great stuff there.

Have fun and keep us posted

I'll definitely keep you guys posted! I actually plan on posting a video on my YouTube channel on New Year's so it gives me a baseline on how much I've learned in a week. It's going to be hidden unless you have the link, but I'm willing to share it with people here! :O

Top Bottom