8 String Ukulele Sets

guitarsnrotts

Reaction score
Just bought a Lanikai O-8 and am really enjoying the sound. It came with Nylguts of which I am not a big fan. I have settled on Worths and unwound G strings as my preferred set for my other ukes. It appears that the Worth 8 string set also has an unwound G. Anyone have an opinion on the Worths vs the Nylguts?

I actually prefer the Aquila string to the Worth. The Nylgut give me a punchier attack that I like to hear. The Worths are much more mellow to my ear.

I think the Worths were ok but a bit on the bright side. The Aquilla set was louder, but didn't like the feel of 'em. I currently use the 8 string Southcoast set which has a wound G and C. The sound, IMO is much more fuller and more defined than the Worths and Aquilla. And the wounds aren't as noisy as the Aquillas. The Southcoast site is temporarily down for redesign as well as the Holidays.

Isn't it just wonderful that we have a choice of so many different strings!!? I wonder if anyone mixes sets with the 6-8-10 stringed instruments. I have had three ukuleles come to me with Worth Gold strings. They would be great for someone who sings softly and wants an instrument to be even softer.

Top Bottom