a couple of videos from our new band!

23skidoo

Reaction score
Fellow UUer decaturcomp (Alan) and I have been playing with our buddy Zac for a while now..... we've decided to make it official and started calling ourselves a band. If you're in the Atlanta area on January 11, we'll be playing in conjunction with an ukulele open mic at The Greater Good Barbecue in Tucker - bring your ukulele and come get some some righteous 'Q!

Here are a couple of videos we recorded while rehearsing last night....

This is one of Zac's original tunes:

Last edited:
Great stuff! You guys blend well. Love the Hank Williams tune.

Sounds good! have fun the 11th!

Thanks folks! The name of the group is Woven Pines - not sure what it means, but all three of us agreed on it! We'll definitely keep the UU peeps in the loop.....

aaah yes, so good fellas. Love both performances, but especially Zac's original. Move over Wayne 'The Train' Hancock...there be 3 more bad men in town

Fantastic chaps love it, the original is a fab tune and boy i loved that cover of Hank Williams, you play music i love and you sound great together, damn wish i could catch you live but i will be there in spirit. Wishing you loads of success and looking forward to hearing more from you, all the best from me :)

It's a great blend! Looking forward to more videos.

Cool sound! My toes are still tapping.

Great old-time sound on the Hank Williams tune. I enjoyed the original song too.

However, as an ex-Drama teacher, might I make one small recommendation? The guy playing the fiddle (is that Zak?) needs to play in front of the mirror a little and work on his projection (not his musical projection, but rather his confident "I am thoroughly enjoying this and so should you be" personality that everyone who plays in public needs to some extent or other. At the moment he's so concentrated on playing that he comes across a little like a rabbit in the headlights ;)

Of course, a lot of that will come with experience of playing the crowd, but it is something you can work on and it is something that many have learned to fake (if it doesn't come naturally)... After faking it for a few gigs, it is surprising how many people discover the natural performer within them and the fake personality gets substituted for a real one.

Having said all that, this all might make no sense if he just wasn't turning on the personality for the camera at a rehearsal that day. If that is the case, then ignore this "consejito" :rolleyes:

So that's where you've been!

Right after Thanksgiving, Dave mentioned that he hadn't seen you lately, and was starting to get worried.

Now I know that you were just "practicing".

(Why doesn't that word have 4 letters?)

Nice Job, guys. I wish I was there so I could join you (And also not have to shovel this show up here...)

-Kurt​

Top Bottom