Mainland Ukes - Snow delays

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
Brown county just had the biggest blizzard in over a decade, police declared an emergency and no one was allowed to travel. Today is the first day we could make it to the shop since the 25th and we are supposed to have more snow on Monday,
so....... we are a little behind at the moment.
Thanks for understanding. We will be bringing our work home and catching up over the weekend. Mike and Tookta

What...you mean you don't have a sleigh in the garage for just such emergencies? :biglaugh:

Wow, hope everyone's okay and things thaw out soon.

Edit: Ah, the power of the interweb. I googled Nashville, Indiana news and found a photo gallery of the Blizzard of 2012:

http://www.bcdemocrat.com/index.php?id=12936

Looks like most folks in Brown County got around a foot of snow the day after Christmas. (That's about 30 cm. for metric users.)

Last edited:
That looks... Pretty normal actually. But then again the city is prepared for that stuff here because it's normal. We had a bit of a Chritmas blizzard too.

But Tennessee isn't Helsinki and people don't have winter tires, and the city doesn't have snow removal contracts... Be careful and enjoy the snow week! :)

Keep warm, and in case anyone is impatient, the Mainlands are WORTH WAITING for. I got a "birthday" uke after the Christmas rush a few years ago and I had to wait for supply, but boy, was it worth the wait. I love my Mahogany gloss tenor and I'd buy another in a minute (thinking about a cedar concert.....thinking, thinking....)

Some of the hills in your area require caution on dry days. Snow and and ice must make it a very slow and slippery drive.

Top Bottom