Did you get Southcoast bulletin #2 today?

Patrick Madsen

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I received it this morning but deleted it by mistake. In it, Dirk talked about the changes in the designation names of the strings.

If you received it can you tell me if the 650's are now called Medium Guage Linear set with round wound basses?

I have a new set of them here but I wrote tenor guitar on the back. Trustfully, I meant tenor uke.

I realiize his site is shut down til after the New Year but am thinking on changing my strings and want to make sure these aren't for a tenor guitar. Thanks

I received it this morning but deleted it by mistake. In it, Dirk talked about the changes in the designation names of the strings.

If you received it can you tell me if the 650's are now called Medium Guage Linear set with round wound basses?

I have a new set of them here but I wrote tenor guitar on the back. Trustfully, I meant tenor uke.

I realiize his site is shut down til after the New Year but am thinking on changing my strings and want to make sure these aren't for a tenor guitar. Thanks

From the email:

"The Linear sets only have one addition, but they all get new names. Everything goes to the "Light-Medium-etc." system we use for the reentrant sets. The "G650" series are now "Medium Gauge Linear" sets, the Linear Ukulele set is now the "Light Gauge Linear" set, and it is here we have our one addition - a brighter Light Gauge set w/ wound 4th."

Thanks Ben. I thought these were right. Dirk sent them out in Oct. with the med. guage designation. I had ordered a wrong set of strings earlier in the year and wasn't sure if these were them or not.

Top Bottom