KoAloha Tenor Sceptre

I'm close to pulling the trigger for a KoAloha Tenor Sceptre, but I've never seen one in the flesh. Anyone ever played one here and is it cherry??
Mahalos...

What do you mean by cherry? As in the wood? Or the sweet sound?

Jason Arimoto (aka facemeltinguke) plays one, check it out. There are also couple thread about it, run a search; KoAloha, Sceptre . . . I played one at the Napa Uke Fest, it sounded sweet - really surprised me in terms of sound.

There have a real vintage sound, loud in your face. If you are a strummer they are a joy, I personally don't like picking on them. Cost is subjective, I think they are a little on the high side for the construction that they offer. From MGM or at a discount off MSRP they are a bargain.

Thanks for the replies....yeah, by "Cherry" I mean does it sound clean?? I am waiting for MGM to get some in, I think I've decided to scoop one up before Okamisan retires, or koa becomes scarce...

aw man i wish i had the cash to get one just to get one! haha there sweet ive played on. nice sound!

Just bought the tenor sceptre..thanks MGM! Can't wait to jam on it. Now I have to sell my honda sabre to pay off the bill......oh well, the uke will def get more use than the bike did!!

Congrats on your purchace. I know where you are coming from. Where I am, Mahalo's are not only the high end fo the uke section in my local music store, they are the only end. Pisses me off a bit too as Fleas and Flukes are made in my state but that is a topic for a different thread.

I pulled the trigger on a Kanile'a K1 purchace without ever holding one. I had decided that I wanted a Hawiian made koa uke after playing for about a half a year. I cannot say what your experience will be on your purchace. I can tell you that I could not be happier with mine.

I hope you enjoy your Sceptre even half as much as I enjoy my K1 because if that happens you will never regret your purchase.:)

Awesome! Let us know what it's like when it arrives. :D I've always been curious as to how those things sound.

Top Bottom