"I Can't Give You Anything But Love"

H

Hippie Dribble

1928. Jimmy McHugh; Dorothy Fields.

been pretty uninspired lately, but here's a go at roasting a lovely ol' chestnut.

Happy New Year gang! Thanks to all who watched any of my videos this year, I have really appreciated it. Biggest thanks to all you guys and gals for posting so much brilliant and inspiring uke music throughout 2012 for us to enjoy here on this board, may you keep doing it again next year. Blessings to all. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0QYgSfB3d4

Not "uninspired" in the least. Nice playing and singing. A wonderful old song worth reroasting.

thanks Bill. na, just feeling a bit preoccupied and unmotivated to play these past weeks. Nothing uninspiring about this song though, I agree, it's a beaut. Cheers for the comment mate.

A sweet way to finish off the year Eugene! and a big thanks for sharing so many wonderful tunes throughout 2012 mate. Happy New Year to you and all the family.

thanks Cam, and the same to you and yours mate. :)

Lovely, relaxed and full of heart. Thanks, Jon, for this and all your songs and posts over the last year. You've been one of the touchstones for me this year, truly an annus horribilis. This is a very appropriate song for raising a glass to 2013 - let's hope its a better year for all of us!

Well done as always Jon! Your videos are a joy and inspiration to all of us here on UU! Keep it up!

A very Happy New Year to you and yours from me and mine!

Always mellow and easy on the ears. Love it, Jon. :)

CountryMouse

Thanks a lot for the song and putting up your site.
no worries aspieman, thanks for the comment mate
Lovely, relaxed and full of heart. Thanks, Jon, for this and all your songs and posts over the last year. You've been one of the touchstones for me this year, truly an annus horribilis. This is a very appropriate song for raising a glass to 2013 - let's hope its a better year for all of us!
hope your 2013 really is a better one John. Thank goodness your awful year hasn't dimmed your capacities to make incredible, inspirational music
Happy New Year, Jon! :) Very much like your relaxed rendition of this song. We did a faster version of it last week (as a Christmas song hehe).
Looking forward to your vids in 2013! Miriam and Steffen
Blessings Miriam and Steffen...Probably not as much as I look forward to your clips guys, but thankyou both for the support and encouragment! have a great 2013!

This one slipped through the cracks, Jon..... short and sweet, man - just great. Hope the New Year is off to a good start for the Duncan clan - looking forward to another great year of wonderful Eugene Ukulele goodness.....

Dang....Did I miss this one too....wow....Happy New year Jon...Whhat another new uke......holy moly which one is that....I just can't keep up....sounds so sweet and so is your voice..
Happy New Year my friend to you and your family.....Happy strummings..

I think you do give us more than love, you give us inspiration. Great as always. Happy new year to you and yours.

Leroy
thanks so much Leroy, that's such a lovely thing to say. And the very same to you and yours brother
sweet stuff, very nice happy new year
cheers Wally, and to you mate!
Well done as always Jon! Your videos are a joy and inspiration to all of us here on UU! Keep it up!

A very Happy New Year to you and yours from me and mine!
onya Glenn, cheers for the comment mate. many happies to you guys as well

This one slipped through the cracks, Jon..... short and sweet, man - just great. Hope the New Year is off to a good start for the Duncan clan - looking forward to another great year of wonderful Eugene Ukulele goodness.....
thanks so much Bill. Hope your year is full of sweet music too and awesome news on the formation of the trio
Happy New Year, Jon. Great version of a lovely song! Peace & Love.
thanks Tor. have a wonderful 2013, to you and your family. Lookin forward very much to more good medicine from the doc in 2013
Dang....Did I miss this one too....wow....Happy New year Jon...Whhat another new uke......holy moly which one is that....I just can't keep up....sounds so sweet and so is your voice..
Happy New Year my friend to you and your family.....Happy strummings..
thanks Stan, and to you Bruddah Stan. this is a bruko soprano made of walnut.

Top Bottom