How to Amateur band or ukulele orchestra????

hippowong

Reaction score
Hi,

What does it take to be in an amateur band or ukulele orchestra?? Do I need to have some kind of formal training? How do I find people that want me in a band or a ukulele orchestra.

Thanks!

Find a local uke club. They usually have a smaller group within it gathering to learn to play as a band or ensemble.

We have several in our small town; anywehere from meeting together just to play at retirement homes etc. to one where there is a commitment to meet to practise and play at the county fair and higher end venues.

If you don't have a local uke group, start one up and eventually you'll find people who will want to take it one step further. I suggest you look up the Langley Ukulele Ensemble and see what group commitment can bring.

Last edited:
I agree with Patrick, find a local club. Most are welcoming to anyone, regardless of their skill level. Your playing will improve much more dramatically if you play with a group on a regular basis. Our group performs occasionally but it is not s regular part of what we do. But it certainly is a lot of fun. Just remember even if your can only play a few chords and strum, you can still participate with most groups....and you can always fake the parts you can;t yet handle! LOL

Top Bottom