The Longest Day

uke4ia

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score

I keep a couple of 2-minute originals in my arsenal. That way, if I get a chance to play for 15 or 20 minutes at a show, I can sometimes fit an extra song into my time slot.

Lyrics:

This has been the longest day in the history of time
This has been the longest day, I need new walls to climb
Look at the clock, how is it moving so slow?
My palms are itching and I'm raring to go

This has been the longest day that the universe has known
I want out in the strongest way, and I dread the ringing phone
It's too much for my heart to take
I need a change now, I need a break
Sitting here in my cubbyhole
Everything's glittering but none of it's gold

And I'm feeling like I'm gonna lose my mind
This has been the longest day in the history of time
Grab my jacket and I'm out the door
Push the gas pedal down to the floor
They say "Ease up, man, just let yourself coast"
But he who hesitates is toast

Was going to comment on this on the other thread, but as you've opened it out, I'll do it here.

This is a super song and I can really hear, in my head, how it might sound with a full scale "Prog Rock" line up behind it. Indeed your performance is the nearest I think you could get to a "prog rock" masterpiece with only voice and ukulele. This would have sat easy on an album such as "Lamb Lies Down...." with no problem. Well done!

This is a super song and I can really hear, in my head, how it might sound with a full scale "Prog Rock" line up behind it. Indeed your performance is the nearest I think you could get to a "prog rock" masterpiece with only voice and ukulele. This would have sat easy on an album such as "Lamb Lies Down...." with no problem. Well done!

Thank you very much. I never thought of this as a prog-rock song before. Hmmm, now you've got me deconstructing this song in my head. Except for the intro, I always heard it in my head as alternative rock.

Was going to comment on this on the other thread, but as you've opened it out, I'll do it here.

Absolutely agree with Barbablanca! This rocks. For us as non native speakers it's helpful to see the lyrics. Thank you! HNY!:D

Top Bottom