What ukulele(s) you expect to have in 2013?

fabioponta

Reaction score
What ukulele(s) you expect to have this new year?

I wanted to have a concert Kiwaya in 2013. Just mellow sounds...

Well, on January 2nd I expect this to be delivered:

attachment.php

VINTAGE MARTIN STYLE 1 c. 40s or 50s

Then, in an embarrassment of riches, by January 3 this should be in my hands:

attachment.php

NEW, MARTIN STYLE 2

In April, for my 59th Birthday, I'd like a Martin OXK.

2013: The Year of the Martins!

I'm "sort of looking" for a Pono ABD bari to string up reentrant as cousin to my MBD. At some point I want a Mya Moe mahogany longneck soprano (would settle for a KoAlana if they made them) and Mya Moe concert resonator but those are long-term goals and I doubt that I'll get either one this year.

Those three are all I need to fill out my stable with everything I want in ukes - but that doesn't mean I won't pick up something else along the way if it catches my eye... (ooooh...look at the shiney thing!) LOL

John

No new ones for 2013. I was going to treat myself to a custom that would be ready when I graduate from nursing school this summer, but right now I can barely afford to re-string my current ukes. :(

I have a Mya-Moe chocolate heart mango tenor coming the first week in March (being built 01/29 - 02/27/13), and a Mya-Moe pheasantwood tbd (probably a concert) scheduled to be built 05/18 - 06/24/13. I'll probably also be distracted along the way by one of the new Martins that people seem to like so much.

If it's a Martin built ukulele I want it........vintage or new! Now what I might run across and can afford this coming year??? I do have a list, but I don't want to jinx my chances :)

I'm opportunistic. No plans but if an opportunity arises to get something great at a decent price I'll get it.

Hoping Mr Donaldson can fit me in this year. :)

I would like to get a baritone uke. No plans yet though.

I only have one uke on my must have list. A tenor Boat paddle uke. I really like the mahogany :) . Only trouble I am having that another thing on my list is cash. One can dream! Might even sell a few ukes to get it!

- new Martin 2K tenor
- new style 3 Martin soprano

That'll be it for 2013! Happy New Year!

Petey

If my will-power can hold on for another ten and a half hours, then 2013 will be spent finding/funding a sweet baritone.

Happy New Year, UU!

Would love a baritone strung reentrant like OldePhart for this years goal.
Still waiting on last years goal. Compass Rose Tenor cocobolo and sinker redwood. Hopefully done soon.

This should be arriving on the 2nd of January. Also planning on a solid body electric, either concert or tenor.
fav3.jpg

Bill

A curly myrtle with red cedar top tenor from Perry and Terry at Covered Bridge Ukuleles is currently being built and will be heading my way in 2013. It is amazingly beautiful and I can't wait to play it. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

A sweet sweet concert neck and concert body pineapple.

I'd quite like a Mainland Tenor. The Red Cedar one in particular.

Top Bottom