The Flying Owl Tenor Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
I am selling "The Flying Owl" tenor ukulele built by Bluegrass Ukuleles, Louisville, Kentucky. I am faced with considerable financial expenses related to the settlement of my wife's estate. I don't want to part with this one but I can not justify keeping it.

The instrument has no issues. It sounds, looks, and plays great. The action is low, no buzzes anywhere. The tone is very pleasant. This is a quality instrument.

Here is a link to my YouTube channel for a sound bite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLFRCqWNOKs

Please pardon Harley, he can't help but join in...!!!

The instrument is currently set up with clear fluorocarbon strings with a low G.

Includes the very nice faux alligator hard shell case shown in the photos.

I am asking $750 for the instrument w/case and I will pay shipping within CONUS. I accept and prefer PayPal.

Thanks for looking...!!!

Attachments

• 100_4075.jpg
    100_4075.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_4076.jpg
    100_4076.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 100_4078.jpg
    100_4078.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 100_4079.jpg
    100_4079.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Isn't this the same flying owl uke that Jon originally bought and sold?

Yes it is Mark. I've owned it twice now. If I didn't have my Mya-Moe maple baritone, I wouldn't be selling this one for a second time.

I've got a Tom Guy Walnut tenor that I really like that I bought from him a year ago. Tom Guy Jr hand delivered it to me here in Owensboro at Christmas last year when he was visiting his Inlaws to be whom I know. My daughter borrowed it from me because she liked it so much. She lives probably not far from you in Independence Ky. It's a great uke.
Yes it is Mark. I've owned it twice now. If I didn't have my Mya-Moe maple baritone, I wouldn't be selling this one for a second time.

PM sent- this owl is officially coming home
Goes too well with my friend Vee to pass upVee.jpg ;)

Last edited:
PM sent- this owl is officially coming home
Goes too well with my friend Vee to pass upView attachment 46939 ;)

Thank you, Dave!

I was really, really tempted.... To the point of figuring out how I could afford it, and what I'd be able to do without...

Now, I just have to go to California to play it!

-Kurt​

This makes me happy, when UU Marketplace sales reach desired conclusions. I knew Dave had had his eye on this uke from the start, through numerous marketplace dealings; but he'd always come up short, by mere seconds it would seem. I always feel that, even more so than receiving a desired price for a uke I've listed here, I'm more happy when the buyer enjoys the uke I've sold her/him. Good stuff and congrats, TCK.

Haven't heard back yet, but man oh man you are right Soupking- I want this Uke like I want to wake up tomorrow...now just hitting refresh over and over again :)
Kurt- you are welcome any time!

it's weird y'know...when Tim relisted this last night, my first thought was "I want this back". Thing is, she NEEDS to be with you Dave. Really rapt for you mate, nice way to kick off 2013. :)

Just glad I saw it in time. Money is sent, Owl is on the way to California. Jon, you are, as always, more than welcome to come and play her any time you want.
Just be warned, we stay up all night ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom