Ukulele Party In Charlotte NC Area

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
A while back I posted that I was trying to get a Ukulele Festival going at Andrew Jackson State park. They have a great facility with a shelter and Amphitheater build in the woods on a hill. A perfect gathering place.

The park manager was supposed to review the proposal back in September. I've gotten no response and I've called and e-mailed a few times. I didn't want to be a pest and time is running out to get things organized. I just e-mailed them and said I was assuming no response was a no and that I was going to see about just renting the facility and having a big party.

Back in June, I was quoted $126 for the amphitheater and covered shelter. Is anyone up for holding a big ukulele party this spring? If a group of us got together and split the cost it would be cheap.

I've got a small sound system for a big open mic show we can use.

Some of you already signed up for the e-mail list for the festival here (it give you the option for the Blackwater Festival or Andrew Jackson) http://festival.charlestonhotshots.com/get-on-the-e-mail-list. I will e-mail that group this posting.

If you are interested in what we come up with you can sign up above and I'll keep you in the loop or if you are interested in helping with the party, PM me at UU or e-mail me at ukuleleblues@charlestonhotshots.com.

I got a confirmation on the price of the amphitheater and shelter, $126.
Here is a link some pics from Andrew Jackson I took. We just happened upon the park and ate breakfast there.

Andrew Jackson Pics

We can make this happen. April/May time frame? Who is in?

Andrew Jackson Festival/Party - Cancelled

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let all of the folks that showed interest in the Andrew Jackson Ukulele festival that I was unable to get the festival organized. So I am not moving forward with the festival or get together. I appreciate the interest.

Top Bottom