Uke STICKERS

Hey,
I don't know if you have Target in Guam, but that is where I got my stickers.
I'll try to put up some pics.

DSC07358.jpg

DSC07359.jpg

Hope you like um.
Aloha
Acabooe:cool:

Okay, so I'm wondering:

whats a good place to find stickers to put on my ukulele?
online retailers? local retailers?
what are cool brand stickers?
Okay, I've got a few stickers, how do I decide where to put it?
anyone have any pics of their ukes that have stickers on em?

Best place is probably a decal store, but what kind of stickers are u really looking for, colorful ones or jus 1 toned. I actually was lucky enough to nab a Kala Sticker off ebay, which i'll be puttin on my case, took me 3 months of waiting around for a kala sticker to come out.

Another good technique would be if u go to like office depot or any office supply store that sells computer paper, luckily you'll find some sticker paper and you can print ur own stickers, also try to laminate the front of the sticker if u can.

i would just go to a decal store, that way you can put whatever you want as opposed to going to a store and only getting what they have. I wouldnt do the printable sticker paper because for one, its paper. even with lamination it would still be susceptible to moisture, pealing, and disoloration. Also, if you decide to take the sticker off...again, its paper. it will tear and you'll be left with adhesive and paper to remove which is a pain.... especially on natural wood.

Hey,

DSC07358.jpg

DSC07359.jpg

Hope you like um.
Aloha
Man those white decals on that color wood looks freaking COOL! :cool:
simple but damn effective

I know this is a bit OT, but how would stickers affect the sound of the uke? For instance, if I were to apply a vinyl sticker over the entire soundboard of the instrument, would I be changing the acoustics?

Man those white decals on that color wood looks freaking COOL! :cool:
simple but damn effective

Yeah Those stickers look great. We don't have a target on Guam, but we have Kmart. I never heard of them selling stickers or decals though. Maybe I never looked.. I like those island theme stickers though.

Well, if you're on Oahu and want something similar to those, you can find them all over the place in many supermarkets. I'd reccomend Don Quijote or Walmart. They have all of those touristy things. I'd bet ABC Stores probably have similar stickers too, and I think they have ABC Stores in guam.

I know this is a bit OT, but how would stickers affect the sound of the uke? For instance, if I were to apply a vinyl sticker over the entire soundboard of the instrument, would I be changing the acoustics?

I've always been under the impression that it would affect the sound quality of the instrument. Maybe it wouldn't be noticeable, but if you have a nice uke and are a bit of an obsessive compulsive when it comes to tone (as I am) I would advise against it.

google

just google search you find everything on there

Okay, so I'm wondering:

whats a good place to find stickers to put on my ukulele?
online retailers? local retailers?
what are cool brand stickers?
Okay, I've got a few stickers, how do I decide where to put it?
anyone have any pics of their ukes that have stickers on em?
Dude we can go Chamorro Village to check out some stickers there! It is a poppin place! haha

Yeah Those stickers look great. We don't have a target on Guam, but we have Kmart. I never heard of them selling stickers or decals though. Maybe I never looked.. I like those island theme stickers though.

They will usually have them in the auto section....

Howlie Boy

Hey,

DSC07358.jpg

DSC07359.jpg

Hope you like um.
Aloha

do you mean target as in like, taget with the red circle and red dot in the middle. Kind of likek-mart and big W because those stickers r very good and i wouldnt mind putting them on my uke.

Yes, Target is almost exactly like K mart.
There aren't any K marts in Texas, and there aren't any Targets in Hawai'i yet.
Funny huh?
I got a sheet with 5 decals on it ( that is where the hibiscus came from ), and I got another with the slippers.
Glad you like um.
Aloha

what a coincidence... i just made a quick photoshop to show my friend what i wanted. he's printing out the island sticker for me... i still need to find a good bob sticker tho...

myukecopy.jpg

Hotnanas,
As far as changing the sound goes, I played about 30 seconds after I got done squeeging the air bubbles out, and I didn't notice any difference in the sound at all.
Since the sticker/decal is attached to the sound board, they would vibrate together.
It sounded the same to me.
However, if you had a better Ukulele than I do, there might be a noticeable difference, I can't say because I only have a Kala.
Thanks for the interest.

the808king,
WOW! That really looks good. I think that the island stickers are awesome.
Great job

Aloha

what a coincidence... i just made a quick photoshop to show my friend what i wanted. he's printing out the island sticker for me... i still need to find a good bob sticker tho...

myukecopy.jpg

thats tite! so what kind of printable sticker things do you use?

Top Bottom