Strings for an Eleuke?

byjimini

Reaction score
Hi peeps,

I've been bought an Eleuke TC100MPH for Christmas! :)

I recieved a Greg Bennett UK-60 for my birthday which I re-strung with Aquila strings, and it made it sound like a completely different instrument. Is there any recommendation for Eleukes, or will nylon Aquila's do?

Mine came with black GHS strings, which I feel are awful. I much prefer Aquilas on acoustic ukes. But on a solid body electric? I wonder if the Aquilas will be too boomy. Try and let us know!

I have the original black ones on mine. If i want a brighter tone, I turn the treble knob to 11.

Ah, the "nails on a blackboard" tone level. One of my favourite sound effects, up there with tomcat howls and crow calls.

But I'd expect the denser, stiffer Aquilas would have better sustain and volume.

Ah, the "nails on a blackboard" tone level. One of my favourite sound effects, up there with tomcat howls and crow calls.

But I'd expect the denser, stiffer Aquilas would have better sustain and volume.

That's what effects are for. lol

I heard the original strings on the eleuke were Hilo's....

Anyway....I use Aquilas on mine...mainly for the sustain....not much sound difference on a solid body...:)

I use aquilas on my eleuke, mainly for the improved feel over the GHS strings which I didn't like the feel of one little bit, aqulas are much nicer. I had a dangly toy for my cat out of the GHS strings which seemed a far better use for them.

Top Bottom