Little White Uke Around the World - Waltzing Matilda

pabrizzer

Reaction score
Watch the video or just skip down and read.
The song starts at 1.22. Waltzing Matilda by Banjo Paterson - an iconic Australian song.

As you read this the Little White Uke (LWU) is on its way to Spain.
Barbablanca will use it to post a video. (Thanks Berni!)
It will then go to The Netherlands for Wetigers to use. (Thanks Michael and Saskia). I'd love the LWU to get 3 or 4 more posts in Europe / UK.

If you wish to take part you can reply to this thread but at some point you will need to PM your address to the person who last had the LWU.

Cost to take part is your time and the cost of postage to the next UU member.

Decaturcomp (thanks Alan) has agreed to take part and when the LWU has had a few more uses in Europe I'd like it to go to him first.
I hope it goes from state to state in US and maybe into Canada.

Let's aim for 24 videos and signatures.

LITTLE WHITE UKE PLAYLIST

Have a happy and safe 2013!

ITINERARY
pabrizzer Australia
Barbablanca Spain
Wetigers The Netherlands
Ukelites Germany
elmann Germany
Filipinouker United Kingdom
Wallyboy Ashford Kent UK

Ukeval France
we_ginga_yin Finland

decaturcomp Georgia
matimeo North Carolina
j-peg Washington DC
ksiegel New York
mandalyn Ohio
mattydee Wisconsin
thesillydave Arkansas
jazzbanjorex Oklahoma
oldephart Texas
29moons New Mexico
markt66 California
ukuleledaddy/TheOnlyUkeThatMatters Oregon
ukuloonie Calgary Canada
myrnaukulele Alaska

Would love Hawaii / Japan / Asia stop. Anyone?

foxisaac Central Queensland
eugene Tasmania

FACEBOOK PAGE

Last edited:
Sounds cool!

Alan, I'm in if you think I'm good enough for the handoff!

-Kurt​

I'm in...you should have PMed me Briz and save yourself some postage. :p great idea, will be fun to watch her travels

I'm in...you should have PMed me Briz and save yourself some postage. :p great idea, will be fun to watch her travels
I thought it could end up with you (I was pretty confident you'd be in) before coming back to me, Eugene - Start and end here in Oz.
Thanks Kurt and Eugene,
It will be fun to watch but it is going to happen pretty slowly because of postage times.
On postage - it cost me $37au to send to Spain - so I would expect it to cost between $20 to $30 for shorter trips.
Here's to the LWU. She's (?) on her way!

I'm in if y'all will have me! Just add me to the list for once it gets to this side of the pond!

it cost me $37au to send to Spain
eh????!!!! What post you using mate??? Sheesh...must be cause we live out the back of whoop-whoop, but that would cost me close to 100 bucks to send that far no doubt..hmm, maybe we need to move closer to town...would help the internet speed too which is neanderthal out here in the bush :p

Anyway, safe journey's for the LWU, may she encounter fair weather, friendly faces and fine music. :)

I'm not that sure how much of a journey it'll be, but I'm in, I'll hold on to some og the bubblewrap from chrissy for the postage.

Great idea! I would love to be part of the California representation. Please keep me posted. Happy New Year to all!
Mark

I'd love to have it stop here on it's way through the U.S. IIRC, Alan's on the west coast. I'm on the east, near DC, so it'll have lots of opportunities to stop in the heartland between him and me. But put me on the list wherever it makes sense.

Great to get all these keen responses!

But don't forget it is going to be like watching paint dry or the grass growing for a while.
I will start making a list of those willing and try and make some sort of itinerary for the LWU that makes sense distance and time wise.
It is very early in the morning in Europe at the moment so hopefully we will get some responses from there - and then off to the Americas it will go. Slowly.

Stay keen - it will take a while!
Cheers, Briz.

I will start making a list of those willing and try and make some sort of itinerary for the LWU that makes sense distance and time wise.

It is very early in the morning in Europe at the moment so hopefully we will get some responses from there - and then off to the Americas it will go. Slowly.
Cheers, Briz.

What a great idea! Please count me in :) I am in North Somerset, England, UK! (It is 2am as i type this - 2013!!!)

Last edited:
I'm game for a recording a vid with the little white uke. I'm in Rio Rancho, New Mexico which is next to Albuquerque. There's another Seasonista there who I'm sure would love to do it too.

What a great idea! I'd love to take part if it works out. I'm in Portland, OR. The Only Uke That Matters is here too. I give him dibs if he wants to be a part, otherwise, I'm in!

OK
Itinerary so far-
pabrizzer Australia
Barbablanca Spain
Wetigers The Netherlands

Would like a few more in UK and Europe before the LWU heads "across the pond".

What a great idea! I'd love to take part if it works out. I'm in Portland, OR. The Only Uke That Matters is here too. I give him dibs if he wants to be a part, otherwise, I'm in!
ukuleledaddy if you are in the same city why not both (if he is willing) do a post before she heads somewhere else?
Cheers, Briz.

OK - One more for Europe UK.
Itinerary so far-
pabrizzer Australia
Barbablanca Spain
Wetigers The Netherlands
Ukelites Germany

Would like a few more in UK and Europe before the LWU heads "across the pond".

Top Bottom