MY New VINTAGE MARTIN 1....

pdxuke

Reaction score
IS ALMOST HERE!

attachment.php

I mean--it's two blocks away, sitting in the Post Office....

and I have to wait until WEDNESDAY.

(Maybe I can break in...):wallbash:

attachment.php

I feel your pain!

It is such a beautiful instrument, and excellent choice. I know it will bring you many years of wonderful music and it couldn't be going to a better home!

I can't believe it is two blocks away and you can't get it.....hang in there, it will come soon!

Gah! That's maddening!

Patience my friend, patience. Soon it will be yours forever! :)

Thank you Lalou, you are kind to say so. But not forever. We who collect vintage are mere custodians of the wood. Someday, in the future, another lost soul will be complaining that the Galactica Postal Service failed to deliver this very uke in time for her holiday! :)

Thank you Lalou, you are kind to say so. But not forever. We who collect vintage are mere custodians of the wood. Someday, in the future, another lost soul will be complaining that the Galactica Postal Service failed to deliver this very uke in time for her holiday! :)

or may be....

Tomb Raider - the search for the M uke, season 1

I feel you. My Pono ATC-C is coming on the second as well due to Fedex not working on New Years Day :( my uke is at a neighboring city at a FedEx facility. I wish I could just drive there and pick her up. Ahh! I can't wait to get my hands on her....

Btw, that's a beautiful Martin!

Don't do it ..federal crime to break in the post office.....what would your defense be?? judge I wanted my Martin...

Don't do it ..federal crime to break in the post office.....what would your defense be?? judge I wanted my Martin...

I'm sure the judge would understand.

Sweetness....I don't know if I could wait, but you are right to do so! I can't wait to have you post pics, maybe a video? Enjoy!

Not quite sure why these are orienting in the wrong direction, but here's some quick pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It certainly has red warmness to the wood. I can't really tell from the tuners the age; I want to say 50s but could be 40s, or perhaps the tuners have been changed. Anybody have an idea?

Tone is a honey. I think Fremont Blacks are on now. I may change out to Martin 600s. Will try and post a sound check later.

A delightful treat.

Sweet!

Looks just like mine, including the tuners. Based on my conversation with the kid I bought mine from, his Grandmother got it when she was a teen in the 1940's so I just accept it as being from the mid 40's. I have Martin 600s on mine as well and they sound fantastic.

Enjoy! Can't wait for a full review and maybe some video.

Scooter

Top Bottom