After You've Gone

The Ukelites

Reaction score

A Jazz standard composed by Turner Layton, with lyrics written by Henry Creamer. It was first recorded by Marion Harris in 1918.

We posted this in the 46th season of the UU. The rules this time only allowed solo renditions. But this fits to the theme of the song anyway:rolleyes:

For this reason Steffen helps at the camera and adds some cough in the end of the video. He's still there, don't worry!
;)
Happy New Year! Miriam

Really lovely, Miriam - who needs that other guy anyway? Every time I hear this song, I think "I need to play that one" - such a great tune.....

Ha, you're quite fresh with an ocean between Steffen and you, hehe! Thank you! Looking forward to hear more from you and you're cool band!
:cheers:

Beautiful! "After You've Gone" is one of my favorite standards. :)

Thank you! It's a great song and you can play it in a 100 ways. I thought about doing a very slow torch version for the contest too. But then there was the 3 min. rule...

I want to learn this arrangement. Thanks for uploading.

Thanks, I used www (dot) doctoruke (dot) com/afteryouvegone.pdf (amazing site!) and changed it in my key for singing (I used Gmaj, if you want to transpose and play along) HAVE FUN WITH THE SONG!:)

Last edited:
Great job Miriam. Who needs Steffen anyway, you should elope with me! Ahh...shucks...my wife would probably disapprove! :biglaugh:

Seriously, I love everything you two do, even if Steffen is just stuck behind the camera on this one.

John

Great job Miriam. Who needs Steffen anyway, you should elope with me! Ahh...shucks...my wife would probably disapprove! :biglaugh:

Seriously, I love everything you two do, even if Steffen is just stuck behind the camera on this one.

John

:rofl: Thanks, John! Next time Steffen will be in front of the camera again!:cheers:

Top Bottom