Question about improvement.

UkuleleMcvey

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure if this is the appropriate place for this question, but I'm sort of at a stalemate with my ukulele skills/learning.
I've been dabbling a bit with uke for about two years, I have a firm understanding of the basics (I.E. chords, scales, etc.) and I can play a majority of whatever I wish to learn, but I'm just not too sure where to go from here. I know there's plenty more for me to learn, I'm just not sure what those things are or where to go to find/learn them. Can anyone help a brother out?

Many thanks.

I'm where you're at, and my goal is some fancy stuff: triples, fan, Formby double. That'll keep me busy for a while.

Oh, and i'm on the 3 new chords a week plan!

See if you can find a ukulele group in your area. Playing with others makes you stretch your skills, and introduces you to music you might not have thought about playing before. If you can't find any uke players, see if you can find other musicians you can play with.

Another thing that might help is to check out some famous ukulele artists, and see if they inspire you in a new direction. Try James Hill, John King, Eddie Vedder, Roy Smeck, George Formby, Lyle Ritz, Bill Tapia, Herb Orta, IZ.... well you get the idea.

Good luck.

–Lori

Top Bottom