Wonderwall's Oak Park Ukulele Meetup Group: Meets Weekly, Every Thursday!

ukkulelegg

Reaction score
Aloha Ukulele Players and Fans ~

The Oak Park Ukulele Meetup Group aka The Harrison Street Ukulele Players welcomes everyone! We meet every Thursday night (except major holidays), from 7-9 PM at:

Eastgate Cafe' - 102 Harrison Street, Oak Park IL 60304

We play all kinds of songs: Beatles (esp), Hawaiian, Tin Pan Alley, Folk, Pop, Rock, 60s-80's, Showtunes and more. Song sheets/booklets provided. Small donation. More info: www.ukulele.meetup.com/89
We're also on Facebook.

We were recently filmed by Chicago's Very Own WGN TV for a Christmas special. Here's a link: http://wgntv.com/2012/12/19/the-celebrated-and-festive-sound-of-ukulele/

Chicago's WXRT radio personality, Terri Hemmert, one of our biggest fans and 'honorary ukulele member', mentions us on "Breakfast With The Beatles" on Sundays.

And if it's too far to drive from the south suburbs, join our new 'sister' group, Ukulele Suburbia! Check out their Facebook page.

Looking forward to seeing new faces!

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!
GiGi Wong-Monaco, Founder

We had over 33 ukulele players, members and non-members, attend our last Meetup on Thursday, Jan. 10! We played from our 'Tin Pan Alley' Song Packet. A LOT of great songs and a LOT of FUN was had by everyone! All song sheets/booklets are provided to our attending members and newcomers.

We've so many players now that it's standing room only. Come early and grab a seat! (Just not my regular seat please. :)

HarrisonStreet Ukulele Group update for 2013 March

I attended the Harrison Street ukulele group last night, March 28, 2013. Chris McIntosh and Brenda Watkins seem to be leading this when Gigi can't make it, and they did a great job.
I've never seen any jam groups come up with Easter songs, and the group came up with two. Here Comes Peter Cottontail (key of G) and Irving Berlin's Easter Parade (key of C) really nice and inventive selections.
The group has some preprinted song packs that can be had for a small donation, and they have worked out the arrangements on all pretty good. An enjoying evening of ukulele music in Oak Park, IL.

Top Bottom