FS: Valley Made koa soprano in excellent condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinnyT11

Reaction score
Uke has been sold.

This Valley Made koa soprano has 15 frets, a cool swirl on the rosewood fretboard, and a fabulous gecko inlay in the headstock. Valley Made is a small company that hand-crafts ukes in Wai'anai, on the west side of O'ahu.

I bought this new from Ukulele PuaPua in the summer, but I need cash to fund another uke purchase (anyone else in that situation?). The koa is a gorgeous golden color. (It's still listed on the Puapua site--this actual instrument--for $539.)
Here's a sound sample done today with Southcoast soft medium strings: https://www.box.com/s/zkfdkj3dtg9i0oeqa6zu

Notes: there are two horizontal lines on the back that are aberrations in the wood. You can see them in the photos, but I've looked at the wood with a magnifying glass, and it's quite smooth.
And there are faint strum marks which you can see if you hold it in the light just right.

This blonde beauty can be sweetly singing to you in your own home for $400 (includes case), plus shipping from zip 27516.
Operators are standing by, so PM soon!

P1020512.jpg

P1020517.jpg

P1020509.jpg

P1020508.jpg

Last edited:
More photos:

The line you see in the upper bout on the back is absolutely not a scratch; it's in the wood grain. I'm showing it close for full disclosure.

P1020511.jpg

P1020514.jpg

P1020507.jpg

P1020516.jpg

wow

It looks really awesome! the sound sample u play awesome as well. Inlay is cool:cool:
but the soprano now is not my main target.
Thanks for the pics make me be water-mouthed:drool:

This Valley Made koa soprano has 15 frets, a cool swirl on the rosewood fretboard, and a fabulous gecko inlay in the headstock. Valley Made is a small company that hand-crafts ukes in Wai'anai, on the west side of O'ahu.

I bought this new from Ukulele PuaPua in the summer, but I need cash to fund another uke purchase (anyone else in that situation?). The koa is a gorgeous golden color.
Here's a sound sample done today with Southcoast soft medium strings: https://www.box.com/shared/2ekj2e2mrja1r5xro76m

Notes: there are two horizontal lines on the back that are aberrations in the wood. You can see them in the photos, but I've looked at the wood with a magnifying glass, and it's quite smooth.
And there are faint strum marks which you can see if you hold it in the light just right.

This blonde beauty can be sweetly singing to you in your own home for $465 (includes case), plus shipping from zip 27516.
Operators are standing by, so PM soon!

P1020512.jpg

P1020517.jpg

P1020509.jpg

P1020508.jpg

That is a great looking and sounding Hawaiian hand-made koa soprano at a really nice price. The gecko inlay is very cool too.

It was pointed out to me that this uke is essentially a custom from a Hawaiian maker. Jerome Werner, the luthier and owner of Valley Made, is the nephew of famous uke maker Tomas Ceniza. Jerome started his craft with Tomas and his wife at Ceniza. Tomas no longer makes ukes.

I've had a lot of listens to the sound file and multiple nibbles, but no new home for this beauty yet.

I don't sell on eBay, but very soon I will take her to the guitar store in the next town, where I've had success selling ukes on consignment.

Had I not just ordered another MyaMoe, I'd be getting this. Seems like a great instrument and has real character. What new uke has got your interest?
I have a Favilla Baritone I'd consider trading in the off chance you are interested.

Thanks, ukulele64, but I'm not interested having in a baritone. We have a custom coming soon, and I want to have the cash. :)

I had the great fortune of stumbling upon this little uke at High Strung in Durham. I immediately recognized it from this post. I have always preferred concerts and tenors, but this little thing was amazing. Such a sweet and very strong (loud) voice. Plays absolutely effortless. The blonde koa body, figured rosewood fret board and gecko turns this simply appointed uke into something really stunning to look at.

Had a real hard time putting it down.

Hi, jwieties, why did you put it down? It's a looker for sure, with great projection. Thanks for your comment.

Sweet little critter, but no quite in my line. Good luck selling.

I can't believe this hasn't sold yet. If my hands weren't so big I would have jumped in long ago. Come on people, go for it!

Aloha Ginny,
Wish it was a Concert or Tenor. I have a connection with Waianae, lived there from 2 to 8 years old, right on Waianae Valley Road. Missed an 8 string Tenor Valley Made Uke, shootz..
Good luck on your sale..................Bo................

I am very interested even though I am not particularly a soprano man and my wife has asked me to sell some of my wonderful ukes (for her purposes and against my wishes); so, if this thing is still around in a few months when everything clears up and the dust settles in my house, then, hopefully we can talk cash.

Wow. Such great sound and intonation from the sound sample. Great looks too. I wish I could grab this one (some one else really should)!

Just dropped the price to $400 plus UPS Ground shipping from zip 27516.
This same uke is still shown on the Ukulele PuaPua website.

(I'm out of town and using an iPad and can't make the important words bold, but this is a lovely uke; I'm selling because I like my G-string soprano much more.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom