Oscar Schmidt OU5 vs Lyon by Washburn??

Adyock

UU+
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a little confused.

I recently ordered an Oscar Schmidt OU5 concert uke (uke only), but when my package arrived (nearly two weeks late), I open the box to find a Lyon by Washburn LU5 pack including extra strings, a pitchpipe and little chord/song booklet.

Did they just me send me the wrong package? From the limited 'research' I've done, it appears Oscar Schmidt is also made by Washburn (???). If so, are the OU5 and LU5 the same instrument?

Did I luck out and just get a pack including the uke I ordered plus some bonus pieces, or do I need to box it all back up and ship it back?

Thanks,
Adam

hmmm... I've never heard of the other - - I have the OU5 also... (and happy with it for a beginner, such as I) anywho - nice to meet you - and good luck. Does it look the same? what does the label say inside?

Anyway - see ya later.

robert
:rock:

who did you buy from? i looked around and i cant find a single thin except for one ebay listing for a washburn LU5. I would call the place where you purchased it and get the issue resolved.

no they aren't the same
i have a OU5 (i totally want a new uke) but yeah, i looked up the LU5 and they aren't the same

that is totally weird call the people first as far as lucking out not really its about the same price I believe and almost identical. I'm thinking maybe it was a substitute from Oscar Schmidt since O/S and Lyon are both from Washburn.

Have you tried the Oscar Schmidt 0U5 already (O/S ukes are commonly found in music stores try looking locally). I guess if you try them both out just see which one feels right.

how much did you pay, because the washburn is sold at costco for $99.

So I emailed them and there reply was as follows:

"Thank you for your inquiry. Both of the Ukuleles are manufactured by Oscar Schmidt / Washburn. They are manufactured in the same facility and to the same specifications. "

Apparently the only differences are the names painted on them. I am relieved, and somewhat excited that I got a bag out of the deal.

Thanks everyone.

Top Bottom