FS: Pepe Romero CBU

Status
Not open for further replies.

specialk13

Reaction score
**SOLD**
I am moving soon and therefore need to sell a few things. I love this tenor uke and it's probably the most fun out of anything I've owned but I already have some mainstay ukes I can't part with and since this one's the newest it has to go first.
This is an all mahogany Pepe Romero cigar box uke in mint condition, I have only owned it for about 2-1/2 weeks! It's a limited edition #2 of 5 made. It's extremely light in weight and very responsive (as all Pepe ukes tend to be). I expected this uke to be on the quieter side but it's actually plenty loud and has no problems keeping up with any other uke I own. It will come in a decent gig bag and will be very well packed. Pepe makes phenomenal instruments and this one is no exception.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Pics added....not my best work so I apologize in advance :)

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 66
Soprano scale? Cool tuners. My biggest complaint about geared tuners is the extra weight they seem to add to a Soprano or Concert.
These look somewhat lighter-do you know the manufacturer?

It's a tenor scale (thanks for the heads-up). The tuners are made by Gotoh and I'm actually surprised at how well they work.

Soprano scale? Cool tuners. My biggest complaint about geared tuners is the extra weight they seem to add to a Soprano or Concert.
These look somewhat lighter-do you know the manufacturer?

I forgot to mention that I lowered the price and also, feel free to send me your best offer. Thanks!

Do you find the body shape comfortable to hold? I was curious if any of the edges or corners dig into your body or arm? I've never wanted a cbu before seeing this!

I have no issues when playing this CBU compared to a normal uke, it's very comfortable and feels like an old friend :)

You can also control the amount of percussive sound by deadening the back or allowing it to vibrate freely, it really changes the sound a lot (probably because of how thin the back plate is).

Just noticed you're in Santa Barbara....I'm near Fresno. I may need to plan a weekend trip to check it out. Likewise if you're ever heading my way let me know.... I've never tried a cbu so I would want to check it out first. I have tried a Pepe before and it was amazing.

i think jack johnson plays this same uke, specialk13! it outta fly.... nice photos, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom