Hello from Georgia!

tattoobabaloo

Reaction score
Hello UU,

I have been a member of the forum for a few months and have been mostly just soaking up info and browsing the marketplace without posting. I am hunting for a new uke and would like to make a proper introduction and say hello to all before I have a go at the marketplace.

I started playing ukulele about 7 months ago after an illness forced me to close my tattoo studio and sort of semi-retire. A little before fathers day my wife came to me out of the blue and said that while she was out antique shopping she saw an ukulele and wondered if I would like it as a father's day gift..without thinking I turned my nose up and laughed and said "yeah right, why would I want a ukulele." She said she was just trying to think of something different to get me and that was the end of it..for about two days...I kept thinking about it over and over and the next thing I knew I was in the local music shop and walked out with a kohala tenor.

That was around 7 months and 4 ukes ago.

Tim

Hello UU,

I have been a member of the forum for a few months and have been mostly just soaking up info and browsing the marketplace without posting. I am hunting for a new uke and would like to make a proper introduction and say hello to all before I have a go at the marketplace.

I started playing ukulele about 7 months ago after an illness forced me to close my tattoo studio and sort of semi-retire. A little before fathers day my wife came to me out of the blue and said that while she was out antique shopping she saw an ukulele and wondered if I would like it as a father's day gift..without thinking I turned my nose up and laughed and said "yeah right, why would I want a ukulele." She said she was just trying to think of something different to get me and that was the end of it..for about two days...I kept thinking about it over and over and the next thing I knew I was in the local music shop and walked out with a kohala tenor.

That was around 7 months and 4 ukes ago.

Tim

Tim,
Since you are from GA, you should make a trip up to Austell and visit UkeRepublic. He has all the ukes you could ever need. And he is a great guy. Also check out the South East Ukers. We used to meet all the time in the Marietta area (but I have since moved away for the school year so not sure if they are still meeting).
Welcome to UU and enjoy your time.

Greetings and welcome y'all. I was stationed in Albany in the early 60's and I miss Georgia.....fishing and boating in the Flint River, squirrel hunting, hmmm.

Tim,
Since you are from GA, you should make a trip up to Austell and visit UkeRepublic. He has all the ukes you could ever need. And he is a great guy. Also check out the South East Ukers. We used to meet all the time in the Marietta area (but I have since moved away for the school year so not sure if they are still meeting).
Welcome to UU and enjoy your time.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I live in Augusta, only a couple hours from Atlanta..I've been planning a trip to UkeRepublic. I really like the look of the Sailor Brand Ukes and they sound pretty sweet in the vids.
I'll be sure to check out the South East Ukers as well, theres not much of a uke scene in my area (or I havent found it yet). I've seen some your videos on youtube, it really looks like a lot of fun.

Welcome to the Forum!

Top Bottom