Pro Tools & 'ukulele fingerpicking (hi-G)

pekelo

Reaction score
For my first 2 uke CDs I cut, I used the Tascam Model DP-01 8 track digital mixer/recorder but I just got Pro Tools 10. I'm wondering if anyone also has Pro Tools for their uke recording & how they like it? Its taking awhile just to install...
The older 8 track is pretty easy for recording multitracks but I still needed to get them mastered in a local studio. I'm still slowly working on more uke books!

For fingerpicking – I wrote my uke books mainly for the lo-G tuning which also still provides an alternate method for playing hi-G arrangements. Of course, there's a lot of hi-G uke Tab
arrangements out there, but does anyone play a lot of Hawaiian hi-G chord melody songs?
or- what would be some typical Hawaiian songs you would like to see arranged as hi-G tuning?

Btw – my offer up on the Marketplace forum is still good up thru the end of Jan (mahalo always for the nice UU reviews on my uke books:)

& this month marks an Anniversary for SUPA -seattle ukulele players association I co-founded this one 10 years ago! & we're still going strong -if any of you are in town on the 2nd sunday of every month, please stop on by!
Mahalo nui loa & Hau'oli Makahiki Hou(Happy New Year!)
Pekelo
www.pekelosbooks.com

Pro Tools is still the industry standard, but the analog gear going in is more important...I'd put my money in a fancy mic and preamp to start. Try a ribbon mic if you have a nice-sounding room to track in!

Top Bottom