Double New Uke Day! :D

PatriciaPDX

Reaction score
Hi all,

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I had planned to acquire an aNueNue USA Eagle Concert Mahogany ukulele in January and it arrived today! Really nice, VERY low action (not quite low enough to buzz, but almost), looks well-made from head to toe. This is my first Concert size, and I have to say I like having a little more room on the fretboard, and that combined with the low action makes it very easy to play. Woo-hoo!

Also, last week I was out with a friend at a local music store, just browsing (yeah, right!) and came face-to-face with this Dolphin Red Burst in front of me on the counter. It had low action and a good, bright sound, and since I was planning to get one in a few weeks anyway, how could I resist? So I didn't.

Okay, that makes four ukes now. I'm planning only one more for much later this year, but yes, UAS has certainly taken over! :rolleyes:

Here are my two new friends:

130102_0006.jpg

Ooo. Patricia-- candy apple dolphin! Was it at Portland Music?

Congratulations, Patricia! I'm loving the look of that red Dolphin, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the Anuenue. Which will you play for the next Seasons challenge?

I wonder about your comment "I'm only planning one more for later this year..." This is a bit of comedy, right? :) Maybe you're firm in your plan because it's only the second day of the year. ;)

That Dolphin reminds me of the '49 Ford my neighbor had too many years ago. Candy apple red. I wanted it. Just like your Dolphin. Congrats!

Those are really fun, congrats.....and four ukuleles, heck, that is less than half of what you really NEED!

Ooo. Patricia-- candy apple dolphin! Was it at Portland Music?

Actually, I got it at Tigard Music; my friend was looking at trumpet mutes and I was looking at the ukes on the two uke trees they have. There was a candy apple and a red burst on the tree, but it wasn't until I was standing next to the one on the counter that I heard "Buy me, buy ME!" ;)

Congratulations, Patricia! I'm loving the look of that red Dolphin, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the Anuenue. Which will you play for the next Seasons challenge?

I wonder about your comment "I'm only planning one more for later this year..." This is a bit of comedy, right? :) Maybe you're firm in your plan because it's only the second day of the year. ;)

I was waiting for the aNueNue to arrive to play in this week's challenge, which I'll do in the next couple of days. Yes, in saying "planning" I'm probably only fooling myself, but it's a big jump for me, a Mya-Moe Tradition Concert. I'd like to get a tenor after that and would plan to stop at six for myself. But I've been intrigued by Ralf's uke-lending library idea and would like to acquire some less expensive ukes, such as extra Dolphins, to loan or give away over time. We'll see! :D

Congratulations! I love Dolphins....don't have a red one.... am a Cardinals fan.....hmmmmm........

Have fun!

That's a sweet-looking pair of ukes. Red Burst is definitely the best color for Dolphins! :)

That is cool to have get 2 ukes at once...I wish I can experience that feel once in my lifetime. LOL

Congratulations! All of you guys acquiring multiple ukes...I find it, well, provocative. It's been over a month since I got an ukulele. What do you think? Long enough?

You're overdue. Ukes are currently in season. Bag another before your license expires. How about...
http://www.gryphonstrings.com/instpix/25071/25071.php

Hah! Very good. What do you use for bait?

I have a 3M already, late 20s, with the parend and diamond inlays. Actually, the one I am looking for is a 1M, from early 20s. I like this one at Gryphon:

http://www.gryphonstrings.com/instpix/37440/37440.php

Sounds fabulous, don't you think?

I have a 50s 1M at home now. I've repaired it for a friend, and of course, I now have to play it for a while. Something about a style 1. Quite elegant in it's simplicity.

Hah! Very good. What do you use for bait?

I have a 3M already, late 20s, with the parend and diamond inlays. Actually, the one I am looking for is a 1M, from early 20s. I like this one at Gryphon:

http://www.gryphonstrings.com/instpix/37440/37440.php

Sounds fabulous, don't you think?

I have a 50s 1M at home now. I've repaired it for a friend, and of course, I now have to play it for a while. Something about a style 1. Quite elegant in it's simplicity.

That's the EXACT 1m I was looking at myself. It's a beaut! I'm glad I found the one I did, because I like this era. But i think you need that 20s 1. GO GET HER!

And as for bait--UU and all you uke lovers are the bait!

Hi all,

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I had planned to acquire an aNueNue USA Eagle Concert Mahogany ukulele in January and it arrived today! Really nice, VERY low action (not quite low enough to buzz, but almost), looks well-made from head to toe. This is my first Concert size, and I have to say I like having a little more room on the fretboard, and that combined with the low action makes it very easy to play. Woo-hoo!

Also, last week I was out with a friend at a local music store, just browsing (yeah, right!) and came face-to-face with this Dolphin Red Burst in front of me on the counter. It had low action and a good, bright sound, and since I was planning to get one in a few weeks anyway, how could I resist? So I didn't.

Okay, that makes four ukes now. I'm planning only one more for much later this year, but yes, UAS has certainly taken over! :rolleyes:

Here are my two new friends:

View attachment 47042

Those are BEAUTIFUL!!! I do not need a red Dolphin, I do not need a red Dolphin, I do not need a red Dolphin, I do not need a red Dolphin...!! The aNueNue is so gorgeous too! Can't wait to hear it in a video!

Top Bottom