Sold my Pono MB baritone

wconley

Reaction score
Sold it on craigslist only after getting a MBD 2nd... The fun thing about this was that two guys showed up at my door looking like they could have stepped off a bluegrass festival stage. The buyer played it for a few moments and gladly paid my full price. We sealed the deal with a shot of vodka he saw sitting on a shelf and a piece of Christmas chocolate. We talked music and instruments for a while before they left. Craigslist can be fun at times.

You've just captured the exact reason I don't sell anything on Craigslist. lol

Glad it worked out for you, wconley.

I've never been to a BG festival so what do they look like? Do they look like they would go to UWC?? LOL

I've always had pretty good luck with Craigslist but I don't respond to anything suspicious or anything that raises a red flag. (I'm also selling a TV and trying to decide if I should take a chance and respond to a guy who's email is "somoandevil"...) It is a weird deal though and have had people show up at the door, hand me some money and not even look at their item. Then there's those that drive a considerable distance, then back out because of something that was clearly listed in the ad. I even listed for free the dismantled remains of a gutted kitchen. Put a location in the ad, first come first served and hauled the stuff to the curb. It was all gone the next morning.

These guys were a hoot. Long hair, bushy beards, sense of humor and love of music. They reminded me of my sisters friends when she lived in a hippie community in the 70s. We talked about guitars and ukuleles, old songs, voice lessons and introducing kids to music. The only thing that bugged me was that the buyer could play better and with a lot more style than I can. So at least I know it went to a good home.

I have sold a few things on Craigs list, but as a rule we always meet in a public place..Starbucks for example.... It has always gone well for me, but meeting in public places makes me feel better and safer.

I've sold ordinary, portable things on Craigslist and I meet the potential buyer at the nearby post office parking lot in daytime.

I listed some soaker hoses for free and had half a dozen requests in 15 minutes. One person was going to drive 20 miles for them. Can't get any action on my opera CDs though.

I have sold a few things on Craigs list, but as a rule we always meet in a public place..Starbucks for example.... It has always gone well for me, but meeting in public places makes me feel better and safer.
Yeah, this is how I do it too. Never had a problem. My buddy sold his iPhone on Craigslist recently. Had a ton of responses and some strange requests. Buyers asking him to drive 20 miles to meet, etc.

Yeah, this is how I do it too. Never had a problem. My buddy sold his iPhone on Craigslist recently. Had a ton of responses and some strange requests. Buyers asking him to drive 20 miles to meet, etc.

Jeff, your friend is brave...There's been several robberies in LA with Iphones where the buyer brings cash and then robbed by gunpoint at public places.

Can't get any action on my opera CDs though.

BWAAA-HAAAA. Kind of reminds me of the old joke about the accordian player who runs out of gas on his way to a gig and has to leave his "baby" in the car while he walks to town. When he gets back he can see that the back window is broken, in a panic he runs to the car and discovers that there are now two accordians in the back seat...

BTW, the first line of the above gives away that it is going to be a joke...because the accordian player is on his way to a gig...

(Sorry Cloverdale Kid, but I'm sure you've heard worse... )

John

These guys were a hoot. Long hair, bushy beards, sense of humor and love of music. They reminded me of my sisters friends when she lived in a hippie community in the 70s.

No, they were old timey pickers. Bluegrassers look like doctors and lawyers in blue jeans and t-shirts driving a big-a$$ motorhome. LOL

Bill

Top Bottom