Vote for this Ukulele Hat!

kendra

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

So, for Halloween I went as "Ukulady Gaga" and was entered into a hat competition online at the Dallas Voice newspaper as I was wearing a modified ukulele on my head.

As it turns out I'm a finalist and could use some help from the uke community here with the voting. It's an easy online voting system and your votes would be much appreciated! If I win, then my favorite non-profit will get $1000!

http://www.dfwreadersvoice.com/xTopHat/TopHat08.htm

Thanks so much, uke friends!
Kendra

You got my vote Kendra!

Got mine. What is your favorite non profit?

Done. I love it! It IS the best one out there. Hope you win.....but all are winners when it's for non-profits.

Voted for you. Good luck!

Voted! You've got some stiff competition there! Is the beneficiary a Uke related project?

Absolutely! That looked fantastic - vote in!

voted. ....

Done, that is awesome.

Done.

Does it still play?

I just voted for you! Love the hat!!!

CountryMouse

Thanks to everyone for voting!

In answer to some of the questions - the non-profit that will benefit if the uke hat wins in a non-profit choral group in Austin, Texas that I'm a part of. We do one show a year and try ourselves to raise money for various local charities, but putting on a show ain't cheap and this contest money would really help us! This year I've taught 5 of the other ladies in my choir to play a ukulele mash up of Gaga's "Born This Way" and "Express Yourself" by Madonna as they are really the exact same song. They are all new uke players and it's great to see them enjoying learning the new instrument! I'll probably even wear the uke hat for the number. :) So, in a way, yes, the money will benefit a ukulele related project!

Unfortunately the hat doesn't play anymore as it is covered in glitter and glue.

So if you haven't already - please vote for "Ukulady Gaga" in this hat contest provided by the Dallas Voice newspaper. http://www.dfwreadersvoice.com/xTopHat/TopHat08.htm

Thanks!
ukuladygaga.jpg

Cool. I decided to be fair and give the other options a little consideration. But I didn't like them and voted for you anyway!

Top Bottom