uh oh... I accidentally ordered an Epiphone LP Ukulele

You just tell her you bought a Les Paul, and let her go google the price of one of those. Once she's done reading you the riot act, tell her what you actually bought. It'll seem like a bargain!

Quick, what do I tell the wife?

Honey, you've heard of Epiphone, right? You haven't? Well, I just bought you one, whatever it is.

Volunteer to start paying the bills if you don't already. Track the shipment and be sick from work on the day of delivery. Hide it. When she eventually sees it, casually reply "oh I got that a while ago; you remember."

You could tell her that Epiphone LP ukuleles are proven aphrodisiacs. I would avoid trying to convince her that ordering one was an "accident."

Seeing it's robust as all get out, just hide it in the garage! :cool:

Give her a song and dance about one click ordering, and how you forgot you had it on. You were just window-shopping and oops. :)

I hate that when I accidentally buy a uke!

Give her a song and dance about one click ordering, and how you forgot you had it on. You were just window-shopping and oops. :)

I hate that when I accidentally buy a uke!

Honestly, this is not far off the truth. I was looking at it, added to my wishlist (I thought). Came back later bought a pair of cheap shoes I needed for yard work - checked out and realized it was in my cart...

Now, I could have canceled, but it just seemed like fate must have moved my hand. :D

And thanks everybody for the laughs! I'm often sitting in my office laughing out loud. I sometimes wonder what the passers by think...

Tell her your girlfriend must have left it at your house...
...I bet she'll forget the part about the uke.

Go back and buy her a [insert thing she loves]. Then tell her, "Honey, this damn one click. I accidentally ordered you a [insert thing she loves] but I think we should keep it anyhow. Don't you?"

Wait--I didn't see you lived in PDX.

Tell her that with all the rain and the cold weather, you were so depressed you had to order it for your mental well being. But don't forget the part about going back and also ordering a [insert thing she loves] for HER mental well being!

What accident?

When I initially ordered mine, I told my wife that this was probably the only way that i would ever be able to afford a Real Les Paul.

Then it didn't arrive.
And didn't arrive.
And didn't arrive.
The dealer had no shipping information on when Gibson would send - they were told the orders were on a first-come, first-served basis, and they'd ordered late.
Then PedalFreak posted that he had a couple that had been ordered, but never picked up. So I bought one from him.

A couple of weeks later, the local shop let me know that they had a shipping date on the ukelele. Seeing as I've known the owner since elementary school, I didn't want to stick him with the uke, so I bought it, also.

I bought two Epiphone Les Paul Ukuleles.
You are buying one.

There are no accidents, only opportunities waiting to happen.

Enjoy it! If you don't like it, post it in the Marketplace.

-Kurt​

Honestly, this is not far off the truth. I was looking at it, added to my wishlist (I thought). Came back later bought a pair of cheap shoes I needed for yard work - checked out and realized it was in my cart...

Now, I could have canceled, but it just seemed like fate must have moved my hand. :D

That's it! Go with the fate thing, "Honey, it was an act of God! I swear it was like some higher power was moving my clicking finger!"

Scooter

I think the "hide it with the others" strategy outlined above is the best... Unless, of course, she receives the package from the postman ;)

Top Bottom